Gunk inside M6

kroko

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all,

I recently noticed a strange "hair" poking into my frames when scanning and took a look inside my M6 to see if I could find the problem. And lo and behold I found it when removing the lens but I also found something different. The insides have gunk/dirt/whatever all over it. I thought of fungus but I hope think its  the remains of a service? 

Anyway it wouldnt come out with a blower and drywiping also didnt do anything. Is it safe to try some isopropyl alcohol or something else? Or is it maybe totally common that the insides look like that.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Strange looking stuff. For hairs and fluff that grab onto matt or textured surfaces I use masking tape to pull it off. Either wrap a piece of tape sticky side outwards around your finger or if your finger is too big maybe the end of a pencil and use the sticky side of the tape to pick up the hairs. It's similar to using a sticky pad to remove dust from a sensor.

Edited by 250swb

vor 19 Minuten schrieb 250swb:

Strange looking stuff. For hairs and fluff that grab onto matt or textured surfaces I use masking tape to pull it off. Either wrap a piece of tape sticky side outwards around your finger or if your finger is too big maybe the end of a pencil and use the sticky side of the tape to pick up the hairs. It's similar to using a sticky pad to remove dust from a sensor.

thanks for the tip. with the tape I could remove the white stuff. the black "dots" are unbothered by it and seem dried on.