When were S lenses first manufactured with the new AF motor?

epines

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anyone know when Leica started manufacturing the S lenses with the new AF motor installed? I'm looking at a secondhand lens manufactured in January 2019. It hasn't been back to the factory for a new AF motor, but I'm thinking perhaps it was made with one installed in the first place. 

Also -- what's the best forum for buying Leica gear? I'm looking for a used 24mm. 

Thank you. 

Edited by epines
Misspelled a word. Added a second question.

• epines changed the title to When were S lenses first manufactured with the new AF motor?
2 minutes ago, Pieter12 said:

You might want to contact Leica directly with the serial number. They have always been very helpful and responsive for me.

Yep, done. They confirmed that it hasn't been back to the factory since initial manufacture. Have also asked them the same question I'm asking here. Hard to know how long it will take them to reply. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, epines said:

Yep, done. They confirmed that it hasn't been back to the factory since initial manufacture. Have also asked them the same question I'm asking here. Hard to know how long it will take them to reply. 

I'd be very surprised if Leica were to issue a statement re a concrete cut-off date for old/new AF motors. The good thing is, they still do the conversion. That may all change when the new S lens line-up hits the market, so it might be good to get your conversion/upgrade order in sooner rather than later.