Q2 - when video is accidentally activated, its hard to return to photo mode.

Nicled

• Nicled changed the title to Q2 - when video is accidentally activated, its hard to return to photo mode.

Swiping only comes into play if you use the LCD for live view, which I do not. I have EVF/LCD display set to EVF Extended. For the rare occasions when I want to use video, I use the Quick Start (graphical) menu, and just touch Video or Photo (or use the arrow buttons to navigate).

I have just tried the swiping option and it seems to work as per the manual. Of course a single test like this won't find occasional/intermittent errors.

The Q2 manual, which I have just downloaded, seems to be incorrect about the centre button: it just cycles through display info options (black bars, histogram, nothing). Maybe the writer (or translator) got confused with the right wheel button. Under Customise Control, you can select the options for the Right Wheel Button; turn the Photo-Video option to On, and all others Off. The Right Wheel Button will now toggle between Photo and Video.

(You don't actually have to turn all the other button options Off. If you have any others set to On, then you will have to start by a long press on the Right Wheel Button, and select Photo-Video as your normal short press action.)

Edited by LocalHero1953