Japanese Bokeh King

mikozia

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

T w/Summilux-M 35 AA.

• Like 2

The way you started the thread makes it difficult for us to exchange ideas. You didn't say what you actually expected.
in the title: Japanese Bokeh King
There you can see part of a lens in your first post. So what does the thread refer to? On the lens shown, or on the lens with which the picture was taken?
And what do you want to know?

Please, I'm not angry, just confused. If YOU had said that you wanted to show a special bokeh, people would have understood it. Then it would be good if you had named the lens.
I'm a big fan of older lenses, including those of Asian origin.
So I also adapt some of them to the M10R. So I've found some treasures over time. These include lenses from 1932 to 1969. My favorite is the Canon 50 0.95 TV from 1963. I also use
for example - also another bokeh monster: Carl Zeiss Jena 58 2.0 with 17!!!! Blind slats. I adapt it from M 42 to Leiva VM.
If I remember correctly it's from the 50's.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 10:13 AM, mikozia said:

I don't own the lens, it belonged to a friend of mine when I lived in California. I believe it was a Minolta MC 58/1.4.

My lens collection are mostly made by or designed by Leica, and this is a Leica Forum.

The Minolta 58 was an f1.2, not 1.4. Pretty amazing lens for its time, I used it on a native Minolta XM body back in the 1980s.