Bob Marley's Home

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In 1980 I spent a day at the home of Bob Marley in Kingston, Jamaica (long story). A year later, he was dead. This was his home in Kingston, right next door to the

Governor's estate. That's his BMW in the driveway, with the license plate BMW for both the name of the car and "Bob Marley & The Wailers."

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

On 10/12/2023 at 8:57 PM, fotografr said:

In 1980 I spent a day at the home of Bob Marley in Kingston, Jamaica (long story). A year later, he was dead. This was his home in Kingston, right next door to the

Governor's estate. That's his BMW in the driveway, with the license plate BMW for both the name of the car and "Bob Marley & The Wailers."

Thanks for sharing, Brent.

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2023 at 6:11 AM, stuny said:

Very nice.  I'm assuming your visiting there, and his dying a year later are not related.  If they are related, I rescind my invitation for a visit.

Unrelated. 🙂  I was in Jamaica to photograph a reggae festival for the promoter and we drove from Ocho Rios to Kingston to visit Marley and get his approval for some posters and radio spots. He showed me through his house and studio, then we stood out by the front steps and shared some large, potent spliffs along with some of the other rastas who hung out there. I was just getting ready to do some casual shots of Marley when the promoter did something that really upset Marley, so he hopped in his VW minibus and took off for several hours. He also took our car keys, so we were stranded. When he returned, he apologized to me because he knew I wasn't involved with "the issue" but he tossed me the car keys and asked me to leave. I didn't argue.

Below is a shot of Bob Marley performing.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2