Mirror

benqui

Advertisement (gone after registration)

With the Q2, thanks for watching!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

vor 30 Minuten schrieb evikne:

I assume that as a woman you know better than a man how to use a hairbrush. 😄

:D
this may be....
i just wonder why she doesn't do it..... but as is often the case, there are exceptions.......

for me it just doesn't fit here - it doesn't seem natural

Edited by Suuumm55
  • Thanks 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Suuumm55:

Hello Marc,

the hairbrush would be better placed a little lower and it should rest in the entire hand   (it's good that the lady doesn't have long fingernails......)

or maybe leave it out completely....?

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Suuumm55:
this may be....
i just wonder why she doesn't do it..... but as is often the case, there are exceptions.......

for me it just doesn't fit here - it doesn't seem natural

Thanks a lot for your helpful comments Ingrid, I would never have noticed these details with the hairbrush. Maybe because I do not need any hairbrush with my „hair“.

Let me tell you why to me the hairbrush is an important tool for me in this photo. I haven chosen the photo because of her straight and direct eye contact to the viewer and the different layers in the composition: first the make up utensil (I hope this is the right word) which is mirrored, then the woman with the light bulbs, behind her the table and the stairs. Since there are so many make up utensil on the table, I found it suitable that she has a hairbrush in her hands. It was not my aim to make it as realistic as possible, for me was her face the most important part. It could also be interpreted that she was disturbed while brushing her her, stopped it and looked into the mirror to see what is going on. You see, many possibilities to interpret the scenery. But thanks a lot again, it is always very helpful to look at the photo under very different aspects!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 12 Minuten schrieb David Cantor:

Just a personal opinion, I would prefer the portrait without the brush or the hand, the rest of the ‘equipment’ is enough to tell the story.  I imagine that it was tricky not to include yourself Marc?

David

Ha ha you are right David! In 7 out of 10 it was a mirror selfie! I just explained why I have chosen the brush, maybe i will find one without as a comparison.

Ok  @Suuumm55 and @David Cantorhere is one without a brush

• Like 11

And the last one for @Suuumm55 with a better hairbrush grip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

vor 15 Minuten schrieb benqui:

Maybe because I do not need any hairbrush with my „hair“.

...... for me was her face the most important part.

thank you for your comments Marc, but they don't really help me......but sometimes there is simply only one option

you write that her face was important to you - only she covers it with this utensil - everything else you listed beforehand would have been enough for me personally

Edited by Suuumm55
  • Thanks 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb NigelG:

I love your portrait work posted here (not something I ever do) but for me #8 is the absolutely the standout image here...

Thanks a lot!

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Suuumm55:

thank you for your comments Marc, but they don't really help me......but sometimes there is simply only one option

you write that her face was important to you - only she covers it with this utensil - everything else you listed beforehand would have been enough for me personally

No no, my comments were not to persuade or convince you. I just wanted to describe why I have chosen it.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb fotografr:

I also like #8, but for a different reason than what has been discussed. I think for the setting, direct eye contact is not so good. I much prefer the shot where she is looking at herself in the mirror.

Cheers, Brent

Thanks a lot Brent!

vor 11 Stunden schrieb werner__:

Das zweite Bild dieser gelungenen Serie, ist für mich persönlich das ausdrucksstärkste und somit das Beste!

"The one, without a brush", I mean

Vielen Dank Werner!

• Like 1