Wolfen NC400 - avoid!

Huss

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The east german ORWO films uses their own developing process, what based on the old Agfacolor processes. So I asume that those films in the UK are not from the GDR production. You can't develop those in C-41. They was made for processing at 24°C.

But ORWO was still existing until about 1995 and came out with some new C-41 films shortly after the brakedown of the GDR. Guess they already had done research for that in the years before. I read there was plans to switch to C-41 in the east bloc countries, but they was abandoned by politics.
Since they tried to get into the markets the prices might have been quite attractive. IIRC they introduced three different color film lines in the about 5 years before the got bankrupt.

Here some examples taken with one of the first generation, the ORWOCOLOR CNG 400, in 1992. It was quite nice when fresh, but unfortunately the negatives don't keep well. Guess that was one reason for them to bring out improved versions, shortly after. I scanned the negativs way to late, just a few years ago, after they had become quite thin. But back in the 90ties there was no scanners and took my decades before I could afford a good one:(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...