Tears

benqui

I like the portrait very much and the matching colour tones of the wall and her dress cuffs add to the whole.  I just wonder if you should have revealed that these were not Nancy’s real years?  I think that the image would have more mystery and be more compelling without that information.  Just my thoughts.  A couple of weeks ago, I took a portrait that was just about OK but the story of the subject’s life was so revealing and riveting that I do not think I will ever disclose it - funny how things turn out.

David

• Like 3

vor 3 Minuten schrieb David Cantor:

I like the portrait very much and the matching colour tones of the wall and her dress cuffs add to the whole.  I just wonder if you should have revealed that these were not Nancy’s real years?  I think that the image would have more mystery and be more compelling without that information.  Just my thoughts.  A couple of weeks ago, I took a portrait that was just about OK but the story of the subject’s life was so revealing and riveting that I do not think I will ever disclose it - funny how things turn out.

David

I understand what you mean David and to be honest, the explanation was a kind of self protection. I did not want that it looks as if I would try to take a special photo regardless of consequenses or her mood

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Shlomo:

Shy cries, cuz she got no X2D - that's so obvious.

Next week I am going to get mine 🤩

Shlomo 😘

Maybe she is crying because of Leicas price list! Very good news my friend that you will get your X2D next week! I am sure it will be love at first sight!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, benqui said:

I understand what you mean David and to be honest, the explanation was a kind of self protection. I did not want that it looks as if I would try to take a special photo regardless of consequenses or her mood

Good point!

• Thanks 1

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Lelmer:

Very nice portrait, although I very much prefer a nice smile 🙂

Good you said she is an actress (obviously a good one), otherwise I would have felt bad seeing your photo.

Thanks a lot Lelmer, to make you happy again, you can see Nany also in „no tears“

• Thanks 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb stuny:

Before reading your explanation I was going to ask what technique you shared with her to produce real tears.  Now I see it was unnecessary - She's had the training to do so.

And a very good training as you can see!

Am 8.6.2023 um 18:12 schrieb fotografr:

Beautiful, unusual and compelling. Nothing melts me quite so easily as a beautiful woman in tears. I'm glad to know these were intentional. 

Yes it is strange to take a photo of a crying person although you know that the tears were intentional

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benqui said:

Yes it is strange to take a photo of a crying person although you know that the tears were intentional

I watched a movie with my wife last night and there were several scenes in which women were crying. I commented to my wife how it's really a special skill to be able to make yourself cry like that. I'm sure I couldn't do it. 

• Like 1