Ouch

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Aggressive zip on the winter jacket.  Can't wrap it in bubble wrap  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

It appears that the new green finish is not as bullet proof as we have been told.  It is said to be the same finish as the black M11s have, just a different color.

Looks like we have to keep our cameras well clear of metal zippers if we want the mint condition look.

@Chris808  Not to worry, the chipped paint gives your Q2 character.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 2

Yeah, ouch! Such is always painful.  But you could see it from the bright side - virginity is gone and from now on each little unavoidable mark will hurt less. I would, by all means, NOT touch it up - it will always look worse than the marks, which will smoothen out a bit over time and the 'Reporter' will just get the look :)

My Q2 is still pristine, but I just have it for around 2 weeks ;)

I am also someone who is just using his stuff, but also taking a very good measure of care to keep it in a nice condition. However, last year I was on a hike and stumbled over a stick when coming down from a a mountain. Around my shoulder was my SL2s with the 24-90. I fell quite bad, but thanks to some luck and many years of martial arts (which are far more years in the past as I am moving fast towards 50) secured my head and the rest of my body from severe injury. The land was rock and earth steeply moving down, and I had the luck to not hit some of the larger rocks - or at least not too hard :D 

Through this stunt the camera was hanging (shoulder strap diagonal over the breast) on my side and I was rolling over it, at least two times. It was fully covered in dirt and surprisingly only the 24-90 took quite the scratch. The SL2s only a micro mark on one corner. I removed the dirt, made quick check of myself, and the cameras function, and all was working just fine. Not forgetting to ensure my wife that all is good. But I felt my neck and shoulder for the next weeks.

A few weeks later when I was on a business trip near Frankfurt I arranged a check of the lens at Leica just to be sure - and it was all good, beside the small cosmetics, all measurements where perfect, no repair needed.

I call that quality and durability! 

The Leica Q2 somehow feels more delicate than the SL2s, but I believe, it is as robust. Have fun and enjoy it :)

Attached a picture I just took of the 24-90 - I for sure was lucky, maybe also lucky that due to extended filter usage on that day, the lens hood was not installed, only a magnetic lens cap (Kase). 

Cheers

Daniel

Edited by Daniel C.1975
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2023 at 2:07 PM, Chris808 said:

Aggressive zip on the winter jacket.  Can't wrap it in bubble wrap  

I use it every day and I gave up to think about the scratches. 
I only enjoy the results and live with the patina. 

• Like 3