Thoughts on this self portrait?

visualdiary

Advertisement (gone after registration)

i think the third photo from #9 has something, something of its own

i don't think all the others are well done (  uncoordinated, careless, too playful, no haven of peace ) - although the first color photo could also have something of its own if it were cropped below - high to the shoulders where the hair caresses them - that would be good  -  everything else distracts.....?   i think

just my personal statement  - 

thanks für showing

Edited by Suuumm55
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, visualdiary said:

I will sit down, and try to

I don't advise that. Go and set up startling, surprising, even whacky pictures, with or without self. If with self, try acting and appearing in a way which makes the selection of the technical execution kind of necessary. While setting it up, think of someone (personally known or not, doesn't matter) you want to share your fun with, want to impress, make laugh, make howl, react in any which way. Think 'form follows function'.

Do you know the people living in your neighbourhood? Design a billboard with some of that work and hang it where you live, for the butcher and the grocer and miss Grundy to see.

Wanted to take advantage of the beautiful light, so I tried just focusing on the light and shadow play

I used a mirror next to the camera, to get an idea about where to place myself 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, elmars said:

I like Your self portraits very much, this one too. 

This could become a series, which I think makes each individual image more valuable. So far, all the images were also staged. that could be/become a bracketing feature. 

I like this better than the others - feels more like me, and I feel better about other elements being in the frame as well. Did you notice the camera on the small table hehe 

On 12/8/2022 at 5:56 AM, visualdiary said:

Wanted to take advantage of the beautiful light, so I tried just focusing on the light and shadow play

I used a mirror next to the camera, to get an idea about where to place myself 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This one is excellent.

• Like 2

Very nice! The light is fantastic and you used it well. 

One suggestion, perhaps post this by itself as a new topic instead of as an add on to this thread. That way it will get considerably more viewing. 

(I did notice the camera on the table. Fuji?)

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1

I actually like this more reach time I look at it. The colors look much like Kodachrome and they all work very well together, including the bright splash of red from sunlight hitting your pants and the green wall with peeling patches. Very much a classic Leica image. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 3:39 PM, fotografr said:

Very nice! The light is fantastic and you used it well. 

One suggestion, perhaps post this by itself as a new topic instead of as an add on to this thread. That way it will get considerably more viewing. 

(I did notice the camera on the table. Fuji?)

Think mostly just made as a gadget, a small Ilford sprite 35, analogue - no idea what images is on it, it will be fun when I get the film developed 

• Like 1