SF26 flash on leica M-A/Leica M4

bobcqs

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Guys,

Recently I got my film M-A camera, when I read the manual it states this:

COMPATIBLE FLASH UNITS
With its compact dimensions and design tailored to this camera, the Leica SF26 is particularly well suited. Thanks to its computercontrolled automatic flash exposure, it is very easy to operate and furthermore offers a range of interesting additional functions. Other commercially available flash attachments with standard flash foot and positive center contact, and fired by the center contact
can also be used. We recommend the use of modern thyristor-controlled electronic
flash units.

As I know, there is no manual mode for sf26 flash, and there is no TTL mode for M-A, is sf26 actually works on M-A? If yes, how can I use that?

Not sure how this would work with the M-A as it is a TTL only flash, and there is no way to control it w/ an M-A.

Get an SF-24D.  More powerful, can use it in TTL/AE/Manual modes.  Excellent flash I use it w my M-A, Mp, M7, M10....

Huss is correct. The SF-26 is designed for digital bodies and is controlled by menu setting. Both the SF-24 and SF-24D offer Auto, Manual and TTL settings. It has a lot of adjustments for such a small flash and is easy to keep in your bag. It operates for a long time on a single CR-123 lithium cell and the only thing it lacks is an adjustable reflector.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don´t want to use the flash on a Leica Camera with TTL- funtionality, any Metz flash with A- Mode will suit you very well.

The M-A does just hav a simple X- contact. I use a Metz 32 CT3 in A-Mode with very good results. Also the Metz 36C2 will fit the M-A well.

• 2 weeks later...