Using monitors with SL2 for still photos

Jeffry Abt

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I do understand that one can only use on camera  monitors with the SL2 in the video mode. But It would be nice to be able to use them in capturing still images as well. What is it about the SL2’s hardware that makes this impossible? 

Edited by Jeffry Abt
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, wjdrijfhout said:

I have perfect image on a 5" SmallHD screen in photo mode on SL2. Both 'live view' and play photos from SD. It is a clean signal without any menu's, metadata, etc. 

Is this also in Photo mode?

I once connected my Leica SL 601 , the first SL , per HDMI to the 42" LCD television screen to see if it work.
And it worked... I wanted to have something like tethered shooting in my studio because at that time SL had 
problems with this... It was just an experiment...

I tried this for an hour but than stoped because it irritated me and my model... The LV feed showed everything the sensor 
see and that is showed on the camera LCD screen and EVF... Each time when I moved the camera it displayed it on the TV.
Everything... This was so distracting so I disconnect it from my camera... This was not real tethered shooting but still it worked...

Nikola

4 hours ago, LEGEND said:

This was so distracting so I disconnect it from my camera... This was not real tethered shooting but still it worked...

A 42" television will probably be distracting rather quickly.... If you want real tethered shooting, this is now possible with Capture One Pro. Recent updates of C1 have implemented that feature, and works marvellous. For the SL there used to be a Lightroom tether option, but I never got that to work reliably. C1 however now works perfect with SL2. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wjdrijfhout said:

A 42" television will probably be distracting rather quickly.... If you want real tethered shooting, this is now possible with Capture One Pro. Recent updates of C1 have implemented that feature, and works marvellous. For the SL there used to be a Lightroom tether option, but I never got that to work reliably. C1 however now works perfect with SL2. 

Yes, I tried this with SL2 and Capture One Pro... It really works super, no disconnections, camera can be controlled through C1 perfectly...
I used my iMac 27“ for this and have got excellent results... SL2 is perfect studio camera... :D

• Like 1