SL2-S: Hold exposure for continuous shots (shutter half press)

insomnia

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I received my SL2-S yesterday, I've spend a holiday with a loaner before that, so I'm familiar with most of the settings.

However I'm struggling with this (and this was also a problem for me with the Q2):

I'm often working with a center-weighted measuring, using mostly the M10. I will save exposure with a half press of the shutter, the exposure is saved until I release the shutter, I can do multiple single shots or continuous shots with the same setting.

With the SL2-S this works with single shots as well (although the shutter is not as well balanced for that as with the M).

However, for continuous shooting it will completely fail and re-expose with the newly framed image. Only the first shot is exposed as it should, the following are off.

Am I missing something? I have not found a menu entry for the shutter.

Help appreciated. Please don't refer me to different metering possibilities, I'm aware.

Thanks a lot!

Michael

Edited by insomnia

• insomnia changed the title to SL2-S: Hold exposure for continuous shots (shutter half press)

Thank you. As stated, I'm aware I can always shoot in different modes (like manual and Auto-ISO), this doesn't help me in any way as I want to be working fast under rapidly changing light conditions. For me, nothing is as fast as exposure compensation by metering at a different location and then frame the image. The only workaround would be setting exposure compensation for every shot (which I tend to forget to reset).

Exposure lock doesn't work with M lenses, I have yet to try autofocus lenses - but to me it's a bug in the firmware right now.