Dust on sensor?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was getting so many dust spots on my CL I took it to Leica for a free clean. Then next day more dust spots! So I now use a blower every time I change the lens and it’s made a huge difference. If I do get one I just sort it out in LR now and don’t worry too much. 

it was a lot harder to remove dust spots from negatives before printing!

I wouldn’t worry too much just use the spot removal tool in LR.

rosie

Quit common issue with digital sensors. The trick is getting a camera where it is easy to clean. They are inevitable.

On larger sensors use a blower first, then cleaning fluid on a wipe, folded on a plastic sheet for holding it in place. For smaller sensors, blower first usually does the trick. If not, then wipe with a bit of fluid on it, using pre-sized wipes. 

I have discussed the issue with Leica and learned on informal basis that the CL has a severe issue, the sensor seems to be quite static and „collecting“ dust when changing lenses. During first days of a workshop this made me mad and I have used a complete pack of swabs.

A solution is to switch of the camera and wait for a while before changing the lens (or having just one lens per day).

The SL2 does not have this issue…

• Like 1

The sensor does require more cleaning than my M8 or previous Nikons. It hasn't been a debilitating issue. I never leave the camera with out a lens and try to change lenses as quickly as possible. What I do notice with the CL is the two TL lenses I have, 23 and 11-23 front elements tend to be very dusty, was wondering about static and the camera too, non TL lenses don't have this problem, using M lenses and L mount 7 Artisans all manual. The last sensor issue was with a 400 Telyt I hadn'tused ina while and probably had some residual dust in it.