For the Sigma / 45mm / 2.8 an the 24mm / 3.5 (many more?) there is a firmware update to version 1.4 available.

toobin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For the Sigma / 45mm / 2.8 an the 24 / 3.5 (many more?) there is a firmware update to version 2.0 available.

"Ver.1.4

It introduces compatibility with the “focus ring control” function of the camera, allowing either “linear” or “non-linear” focus movement to be selected when using MF.
* SIGMA fp L , SIGMA fp, Panasonic Lumix S1, Lumix S1R, Lumix S1H, Lumix S5, Lumix BS1H, Leica SL2, SL2-S are supported.
* SIGMA fp L will be supported by updating to firmware Ver.2.00 scheduled to be released in the near future, and SIGMA fp will be supported by updating to firmware which is scheduled to be released in April.
* For more information on linear and non-linear focusing, please refer to our frequently asked questions."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb beewee:

I just updated the 24/3.5 to v1.2 and see that linear focusing is available now on the SL2-S. However, it’s odd that the 90/120/150/180/210 degree options are greyed out and 240+ degree options are enabled. Is that the same on the 45/2.8?

There's a pdf sheet from Sigma that lists for every compatible lens which rotation is supported. But I don't find it any more.

Finally. I had to buy the usb dock to adjust the focus ring sensitivity, because in-camera settings didn't work at all.

Sadly 85/1.4 DG DN does not support this. It was one of the lenses without mention of the feature in v1.1 firmware changelog.

My 24/2 and 35/1.4 DG DN support it. But 270 degrees is really way too long. It should be 90-180deg minium. Japanese got it right in the 80's why it is hard in 2020's?

• 3 months later...