q2: reset numbering created unwanted folder

Advertisement (gone after registration)

after resetting numbering i ended up with two folders L100 and L101. L101 had 10 images so i just archived them to computer and deleted the folder. will the q2 just recreate an L101 folder and  place new images in it if i just continue shooting? in folder L100 i have 9 images numbering from 1-9. if i reset again it will just  create another L101 folder, right? what if i temporarily offload those images and delete the empty folder? what if i do that and then reset? i'm very confused and i'm also very ocd and can't tolerate the chaos! :)

the goal is to try to keep 9 images 1-9 which are in L100 and then have new images starting with #10 go into that folder. i could do it with a lot of file swapping and perhaps even a soft camera reset, but hoping someone knows a shortcut.  tks!

found this in the manual: "When using memory cards that were not formatted with this camera, the file numbering will begin with 0001 again. Should the memory card already contain a file with a higher number, then numbering will be continued from that number." so if i offload my photos, reset numbering, then return them to the L100 folder this seems to say that to avoid duplicates the camera will start with #10.

/guy

Edited by gteague

i didn't want to do all the card swapping it would have taken to figure out how it works. but i got out of sync and lost 9 raw images along the way to trying to reset everything. <sigh> luckily i'm just testing using raw and aren't counting on them for anything.

/guy