Leica campaign in Japan

nodrog

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Very pleased to receive this little beauty today, as part of a campaign by Leica Japan. I bought an M10 Monochrom and was eligible to receive an accessory of my choice up to the value of ¥50,000 (about £320). I chose the Billingham Leica bag, which seemed the best option. I haven’t used a Billingham bag before. I’ve always had a variety of sizes of Domke bags. Looking forward to using this, though it’ll mark me out as one of those ‘rich old Leica guys’, so I’ll be careful about where I use it, if we ever get to travel again! 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, AndreasG said:

This is the reason I carry my camera and lenses in an old, inconspicuous looking no name bag. Anyway, congrats to the new camera and bag!

That’s why I like Domke. I have two of their waxed cotton bags. They look battered even when new, and get worse as you use them. Perfect! They also screw up really small for packing when necessary. Here in Japan, there’ll be no problem using this Billingham. It’s elsewhere that I’ll think twice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nodrog said:

haven’t used a Billingham bag before.

You will certainly prefer it over Domke. At least I did after switching: I happily miss the iron parts which are noisy and tend to damage your gear, but above all induce a careful style of handling which I could forget with my Billinghams. They are also rain proof to an extent that only British makers can invent. And much better protecting against shock. 

Edited by otto.f