Comparison Leica Apo-Summicron-M 2/50 with Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 2/50 FE

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Because Voigtlander has released the VM Apo Lanthar 50 mm I thought you might be interested to see a comparison of the Apo Summicron and the Apo Lanthar. 

I have tested with the Sony A7R4.  If you see the pictures you can hardly tell them apart. The Apo Lantar is a gem for its money. Contrast and sharpness of both lenses are full open already impressive. The Leica has the advantage that it has the same quality and is even smaller then the Lanthar

For all pictures see 

Edited by jaspervanduuren
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KFo
      Hi All:
      I recently rediscovered this lens while thinking about a trip. After I started using it again, I am finding my way into the wide-wide perspective of the 21mm.  I haven’t been using it for “photography” yet, only for family outings.
      Noticing quite a few questions about this lens on the forum, it seems a photo thread would be appropriate.
      I’ll start!

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! M10P
    • By Keops
      Hi there. Couple of days ago I decided to try some LTM glass on my Leica MP and bought a new Fotodiox 50/75 adapter. While it worked perfectly I was surprised and mostly heart broken to see that the mid line of the lens mount had been scratched on my beloved camera which I saved for such a long time to buy. The scratch is superficial as far as I can see and on the 4,5,6 and 7 o'clock directions (The photo which I share on here doesn't do them justice. They are more visible than what looks like here). I didn't have time to develop my film so I cannot say if it damaged the mount on funtional level. But I want to learn your experiences with similar situations if you had any. I read that these things can happen even when you use native lenses on cameras but as far as I know for the last 9 months my Voigtlander 35mm f/2 Ultron didn't damage or let alone scratch the lens mount on my MP. I reattached my Voigtlander after experiencing this situation and shooting another roll of film with it to see if there is any problem. Is there a possibility that I damaged my camera functionally? Can my Voigtlander be attached to the lens mount securely and without further damage either to the lens mount or the lens itself? What are you thoughts on Fotodiox adapters? The adapter that I bought seems that it is made of a material that is not similar to the material that Leica uses on its mount. I would be grateful to read your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By rclompus
      I just received the new Voigtlander 28/2 asph Ultron in chrome from PopFlash in Thousand Oaks, California: www.popflash.com.  Tony Rose's company is a joy to deal with. 
      I enjoy 28mm lenses.  I shoot with a Leica Q, the pre-asph f2.8 Elmarit V4 and the "new" f5.6 Summaron with an M10.  Each lens images a bit differently. Voigtlander has really produced an amazing optic with the new 28/2 Ultron.  This lens represents a significant improvement in their design and manufacturing capabilities for VM mount rangefinder lenses.  It has edge sharpness at f2 with an M10 when coded as a 28 Summicron.  I had the previous 28/2 Ultron lens.  It as no slouch in the center but you had to stop down to f4 or f5.6 to get real edge sharpness.  This new Ultron delivers edge sharpness at f2.  This small chrome lens has some heft that reminds you of lenses from a generation ago. The bayonet lens hood is also a nice touch.    Here's a photo I took today of a few books as a tribute to Erwin Puts who passed away.  I miss his commentary on almost everything Leica. 
      Stay healthy & be well.
      Richard 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By crony
      Hi, there is a lively discussion of the 35 and 50 Leica Apos. This made me look how my Voigtländer Apo-Lanthar 2/50 behaves (M9 - f2) :

Crops :

• By Slash53
      Hi there,
      I purchased the Voigtlander 35mm f2 Ultron about 6 months ago at my local Leica store. I have a problem regarding the focus ring; it's a bit loose in a way where I can move the focus ring horizontally and vertically (about a mm or so). Its not a big movement or anything but I can feel the loose when I'm trying to accurately focus an image. I've never seen anyone mentioning this problem from this lens., or any Voigtlander lens in this matter. I wonder if any user had such an issue or if I'm getting crazy about small stuff.
      Thanks in advance for the answers,
      Renaud