Comparison Leica Apo-Summicron-M 2/50 with Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 2/50 FE

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Because Voigtlander has released the VM Apo Lanthar 50 mm I thought you might be interested to see a comparison of the Apo Summicron and the Apo Lanthar. 

I have tested with the Sony A7R4.  If you see the pictures you can hardly tell them apart. The Apo Lantar is a gem for its money. Contrast and sharpness of both lenses are full open already impressive. The Leica has the advantage that it has the same quality and is even smaller then the Lanthar

For all pictures see 

Edited by jaspervanduuren

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By crony
      Hi, there is a lively discussion of the 35 and 50 Leica Apos. This made me look how my Voigtländer Apo-Lanthar 2/50 behaves (M9 - f2) :

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      Crops :

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

• By Slash53
      Hi there,
      I purchased the Voigtlander 35mm f2 Ultron about 6 months ago at my local Leica store. I have a problem regarding the focus ring; it's a bit loose in a way where I can move the focus ring horizontally and vertically (about a mm or so). Its not a big movement or anything but I can feel the loose when I'm trying to accurately focus an image. I've never seen anyone mentioning this problem from this lens., or any Voigtlander lens in this matter. I wonder if any user had such an issue or if I'm getting crazy about small stuff.
      Thanks in advance for the answers,
      Renaud
    • By eyespeak
      Hallo Leute,
      nachdem ich mir manchmal denke, das man nur einmal lebt, muss jetzt eine M240er her. Aus meiner Sicht gerade preislich ein guter Einstieg in das M System. Gesagt getan. Meine Traumlinse, das Leica Summilux-M 24mm 1.4 ASPH ist mir aber einfach zu teuer - und zu schwer.
      Ich wusste, wenn es mal eine M wird, dann ist das Voigtländer Classic Collection Nokton 35mm 1.4 auf jeden Fall meine engere Wahl.
      Meine Frage: Auf was sollte man achten? Es gibt auch SC und MC, und warum gibt es diese kaum gebraucht, oder bin ich blind?
      Danke schon mal.

Euch allen schon mal eine gute Zeit. Möge das Jahr 2021 besser werden als dieses!

• By BogotaHorribLe
      M8 Monochrom, Voigtlander 35mm 1.4 @ 1/125 at f5.7 ISO 400 at the Dunkin on the corner of 97th and Madison in Manhattan's Upper East Side.

• By Ertos
      Here is my review of the Voigtlander 21mm f1.4 - in short: I really like it! 
      https://www.erwinhartenbergphoto.com/post/wide-angle-wonder-how-i-ended-up-with-a-voigtlander-21-mm-f1-4-nokton-asph-vm