Leica M8-M9 Battery 14464

codocee

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anyone here have any experience using non OEM batteries in their M8 or M9? My battery is starting to drain after limited use and I see a replacement is $150. I see a couple non OEM'S,  one for $22 from Battery Global and  and one for $75 from Battery Kings but I'm concerned about putting one of these in my camera and having it malfunction or toast the camera.

The answer is probably don't do it but maybe, just maybe someone can speak from experience.

Thanks!

Where are several threads at this subforum about third party batteries. If you are not willing to read them here, I'm more than happy to repeat it here.

I do have cheap, non Leica branded batteries and they works since I have my M-E 220 as new in 2016. Same Leica M9 charger. The only trick with these batteries is to press shutter release button to make M-E 220 happy with charge level shortly after freshly charged battery is inserted. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Capacity wise they are not any different from made in China current OEM battery.

Edited by Ko.Fe.
  • Like 1