My sensor has worms...

P1505C

11 hours ago, Boojay said:

Yes, I've gone the M10R route and hopefully will get one in the next week or so, been waiting quite some time now.  

Very good; Santa’s red hat may have a Leica script on it..      Be interesting to hear your thoughts re using - and results from - the new camera, for those of us with M9/M9-P (whether sensor is corroded or not). Enjoy!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Denys said:

Very good; Santa’s red hat may have a Leica script on it..      Be interesting to hear your thoughts re using - and results from - the new camera, for those of us with M9/M9-P (whether sensor is corroded or not). Enjoy!

Yes, good old Santa.  I did have an M10 until it and I fell in the river earlier this year😒, luckily all insured and I waited as there were already rumours around the M10R, with my M9P corrosion worsening seemed best option really.  I will miss the M9 but not as much as I've missed the higher iso capability, the live view possibilities etc, and already having the viso 020, RRS grip, diopter, spare batteries etc will make it an easier (less costly) transition also 🙂.   In different circumstances, ie if Kolari could do the M9P I would probably have bought a used M10.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Boojay said:

Yes, good old Santa.  I did have an M10 until it and I fell in the river earlier this year😒, luckily all insured and I waited as there were already rumours around the M10R, with my M9P corrosion worsening seemed best option really.  I will miss the M9 but not as much as I've missed the higher iso capability, the live view possibilities etc, and already having the viso 020, RRS grip, diopter, spare batteries etc will make it an easier (less costly) transition also 🙂.   In different circumstances, ie if Kolari could do the M9P I would probably have bought a used M10.

Thanks for your comprehensive reply. Now I am a firmer believer in ‘some things are meant to be’! Not only was your M9-P sensor meant to corrode, you were meant to take your M10 for a paddle..  😳 It makes sense that using your M10-R will be a piece of cake - and a (relatively) inexpensive piece of cake at that! I’m lucky in that my M9-Ps have second-generation sensors and (touch wood) other things can still be repaired if need be. Although the higher resolution and better low-light performance of the M10-R / M10 are good things, my snaps don’t require them..    ..and I’m a Luddite when it comes to the concept of things like Live View; in fact, the more I consider it, I would be happy to swap the rear screen with a dial to change ISO. That’s a different thread - so apologies for temporarily hijacking this one.

Enjoy your new camera! 📸👍 Maybe Santa will also pop some water wings and an underwater housing in your stocking..  😉💦

Edited by Denys
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, P1505 said:

Opened up you won’t see anything. It starts to show only when stopped down. I only just noticed it by accident.

It’s been shipped.

Thank you very much, good news that it's fine wide open, I don't think I'll be shooting much landscapes this year sadly.

I will keep you posted on the results and also after I get the sensor glass replaced too.

16 hours ago, P1505 said:

Please do. If it turns out to be an easy fix, I’ll kick myself!

My eyes aren’t great though, all this computer work I think. So I was struggling. Maybe an M10 will be better. But I decided to give the SL a try, we’ll see what happens.

Not 'easy' fix but possible is good enough for me to get excited.

I received the camera this morning, thank you, definitely usable wide open, it is booked in at ACS for sensor glass replacement in the new year. Spoke to Neil yesterday, he has an M9Mono on the bench being fixed right now, I read that Kolari wont even touch the M9-P or the Mono but the M9 they will fix, that says to me, if ACS can take on an M9Mono then the M9 will be a lot easier for them.

I will keep everyone posted about this possible fix, I'm sure if it all works out well, there will be a lot of happy folk in Leicaland ready to send their beloved M9's off to ACS for a re-vamp.

Edited by Marac
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1