TL2 vs CL for M lenses

vor 50 Minuten schrieb lct:

The T has been killed by smartphones folks. I would not give one to my daughter she would laugh too much :D. Just kidding. Too young for oldies and too old for youngsters. Just my 0.0002 cent.

Absolutely correct!

that's the reason, why all these small cameras don't have any future.
The smartphones are gettin' better everey day.
But Leica knows how to survive in a niche; they only have to care about products which don't make sense anymore.

So I have to hurry getting "my" CL ;)

Smartphone did not kill the T. 

It is just a matter of presentation. Leica missed the mark at the beginning. A lot of hype at launch event : so beautiful, but so buggy and slow camera. It was not ready for prime time. Leica lost most of its potential customer, by rushing its presentation. Sad.

You will never get a second chance to make a good first impression. The T line was dead for me. 

It remembers me the launch of another fully tactile camera : Hasselblad X1D. Rushed to presentation, not ready for prime time. Extremely beautiful. But too slow and buggy. Wish to buy one, but never did due to all weaknesses. This CEO were blamed for this mistake and fired right away. 

Of course Firmware updates can do a lot, except miracle. So for both Leica and Hasselblad, it took another hardware update to solve most of the issues : TL2 and X1D mark II

People will never trust an underpowered, half finished product. That is what killed the TL line. 

Please note, that bigger than m4/3 cameras will never fear smartphone. ILC sales is mostly steady. It is the compact camera market that disappeared completely. And one day smartphone cameras technology will plateaued. There is so much you can do with computational, don't think that it can turn a very small sensor into huge sensor competitor. 

My daughter uses her smartphone to take a lot of pictures, but she also recognises that despite all the smarts under the hood, smartphones have their limitations, so when she wants something better than a disposable Instagram image she uses one of my old cameras. I’m pleased that she recognises the lie that is told with every new phone release (that amazing images and videos can be captured with the phone, omitting to mention all the other equipment that was needed to obtain the result)

Even so, she’s never going to buy a TL2 or CL (or for that matter, an ILC with a lower price tag). She’s not going to start carrying a dedicated camera with her all the time as many of us do. For her occasional use it’s just not going to happen..