Problems staying logged in?

kenf

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm having major difficulty staying logged in to LUF. I usually have to re-log in every four to five screen changes.

I've tried deleting cookies with no luck. This appears to be a problem with vBulletin on occasion - I found several threads at the vB forum on the subject (vBulletin Community Forum - Powered by vBulletin).

Is anyone else having this problem?

I should mention that I do not have this problem at any other vB-based forum I frequent or at the very large vB-based forum of which I am on the moderation team... it's very frustrating!

Hi, Andy -

XP Pro, IE7 - plain vanilla. As I said, I'm not having problems anywhere else. I completely logged out, nuked cookies, and relogged in a half dozen times but it's still occurring...

Ken,

I am having exactly the same problem. It started since the new forum went up. I am assuming it to be a browser setting, but don't know. I am using Opera. I must try Firefox as that is quite good too.

The reason I haven't researched the nuisance is that I currently have so many other problems at the moment that this one is on the back burner. For example of what happens to me, if I type this post for much longer, I will find myself logged out. Then, I have to copy and paste the whole post into a fresh "signed on" page. Grrr.

Patience (what's that?) will eventually show me the solution.:D

Any bright spark out there got an obvious answer. Sorry I couldn't help Ken.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No problem here on either XP or Mac using Firefox. Cookie problem?

I don't think so - this is the only vB forum of seven or eight that I frequent causing me trouble. I have manually deleted all LUF cookies and cleared cache numerous times.

From my reading on the vB forums, this can be caused by BB configuration issues...

This has happened to me before and I did manage to fix it changing some setting, but of course I can't remember what I did!!:mad:

I will beat this thing, given time.:D

Meanwhile, I will log on with Firefox and leave it running for awile, to see if I stay logged in.

Later, I will log on with my other computer runnig Opera. If that is better, I will compare settings on the two computers etc. Meanwhile, a student is demanding my time. (Money speaks:D )

Don't bother with Firefox...I am in MacOS 10.4.1 and Firefox 2.0.0.4, and it does the same thing. If I let it sit, it will stay logged in, but when I change pages, my login usually disappears...but sometimes not??? I was just about to try an old version of Netscape...

There is one option that normally fixes 99% of this problem:

Did you check the "Remember me" option?

Without it you are logged out after a certain time (900 seconds = 15 minutes).

If this is NOT the problem please write me a personal message - we'll fix it...

Andreas

There is one option that normally fixes 99% of this problem:

Did you check the "Remember me" option?

Without it you are logged out after a certain time (900 seconds = 15 minutes).

If this is NOT the problem please write me a personal message - we'll fix it...

Andreas

Andreas -

Yes, I check the "remember me" box each time I log in. PM incoming!

Thanks - Ken

• 1 month later...

If you are on DSL you can be dropping your connection all the time but your provider remembers who you are and it all seems pretty seamless so you dont notice your breaks. If you dont hit the "remember me" your session here will terminate and though you get directed back you are no longer logged on. Also when you clear your cache, cookies, history and stuff you will remove your "remember me" biscuit and you will have to log in afresh.