shots number CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone, I recently bought the CL which I am very happy with. But there's one thing I can't understand. How can I view the number of shots taken with my camera from EXIF data? There's a way?

Thanks for the reply

39 minutes ago, pilu said:

Thanks for the welcome jaapv! Why on all the reflex and mirrorless that I have had is it possible?

Welcome.

... Because the manufacturers of those other cameras made it available in each image's EXIF data. Leica has not, just like several other manufacturers (Olympus for one). Actuation count is only available for some cameras through the diagnostics app of the manufacturers' service center, or through a "secret" combination of button presses used by their service centers. 

Actuation count is mostly irrelevant anyway. I can tell how many exposures I make with the CL the same way I can with my other cameras: by looking at my image archive and finding the count of how many photos were made with it. That number is close enough... :)

Edited by ramarren

2 hours ago, pilu said:

Thanks for the welcome jaapv! Why on all the reflex and mirrorless that I have had is it possible?

It has little significance on cameras with video and electronic shutter capability. On some cameras the exposure meter will trigger extra shutter actuations, which complicates the count.