Manual focus in Fotos app

As far as I know, there is no way to manually focus using Fotos.  The only solution I am aware of is to use a 2s self timer and release on camera.

Oh, one other thing you might find useful... If you choose the “Fireworks” scene mode it sets focus to infinity no matter the camera settings.  You still can’t release over Fotos, though, as the app takes priority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no way at this time to use manual focus in the FOTOS App. I have complained vigorously to the support team about this. It makes the App almost unusable for macro or the hummingbird photography that I do. Very frustrating. Please submit your frustration to the support team from within the App. 

Another tip is you have to have Touch AF selected in camera in order to select a focus point while in the App. 

I use Leica FOTOs with my CL. I only use Leica M and R lenses on the CL. For copy work, I normally set focus and exposure up before connecting to FOTOs, and then just set the exposure I'd set up on the camera in FOTOs manually. For tabletop work, I find I can focus reasonably well with FOTOs, but its display is not super high resolution (and it does not support magnification or peaking assists) so I have to work a bit more carefully to get critical focus. 

I bet the best "manual" focus for the TL lenses or Q/Q2 is touch focus on the FOTOs display screen. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The current version does not support manual focus. It always switches to a "smart" mode, even if you set the focus manually before.

For astrophotography, you should not use the app. Instead, you should use the interval mode (in case you want to take a series of photos for stacking) or self-timer.