Which cards for a 007 ?

maeda

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, welcome and congratulations on your new camera!

If I were in your shoes I’d buy the Sony Tough cards and be done with it. They are rugged, get good reviews and they’re blazingly fast, for an SD card. I don’t know by how much, but I’m pretty sure their writing speed will more than suffice for the data the S007 produces in 4K. That way you’ll always know that your card is not the bottleneck.

I would bet these cards are pretty future proof too!

On 5/24/2019 at 1:56 PM, maeda said:

Hello,

I just bought a 007 and would like to know which are best cards for the Leica S. 

I'd like also to film on 4K so maybe i need a fast card ? CF cards or SD ?

Thank you !

Welcome. You will like the thing. The S007 has the SD card slot as its main slot, and the CF card slot as its secondary one. I use Sandisk SD cards all the way, but I never no any movies other than with my iPhone, if I really have to.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s. Make sure you buy genuine ones. The fake ones have the locking tab in yellow colour, genuine ones in grey. There are some other differences, as you can see in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr5lMu2KFgM

Edited by albireo_double

On 5/24/2019 at 1:56 PM, maeda said:

Hello,

I just bought a 007 and would like to know which are best cards for the Leica S. 

I'd like also to film on 4K so maybe i need a fast card ? CF cards or SD ?

Thank you !

The S007 can't shoot 4K video to CF cards. You must use a fast (UHS-III or something) SDXC card.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you all for your replies.

I finally not kept the 007 as i didn't like it.

Hope my question will be informative for the other ones interested by that camera.

Thx !

Edited by maeda

5 hours ago, maeda said:

Hello,

Thank you all for your replies.

I finally not kept the 007 as i didn't like it.

Hope my question will be informative for the other ones interested by that camera.

Thx !

Just out of interest: what was it you did not like?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 9:05 PM, Photon42 said:

Just out of interest: what was it you did not like?

Hello,

I didn't like the 2:3 format. I know that I can "crop later" but this is not my vision. The render of the files was too much clinical for my taste and I didn't find that the dynamic range was as exceptional as i could read everywhere. For me this camera is more a super reflex than a medium format. However the 70mm lens was indeed amazing. Especially the bokeh at 2.5. That kind of lenses look likes the one i use for my commercials work's (Zeiss master prime, summilux cine etc ) 

In fact I returned the camera when I realized that I tried to make the images similar to my Hasselblad CFV back sensor. As I need autofocus and something more practical in portrait mode than my 503CW + CFV50C I bought instead a H5D50c as it is the same sensor than my CFV. 

Don't get me wrong this is an amazing camera but not in regards with my taste and my love for the 4:3 format. 

Edited by maeda
  • Thanks 1