Possible Q2 list price

Snowman

Still unknown.

Anyway UK resident should decide really fast before a more than possible no deal Brexit. In that case, Leica stuff will become goddamn expensive on your Island. 

I will be sad to have to pay more for excellent Billingham bags 

Edited by nicci78

Leica would be making a big mistake to price the Q2 in any way that diminishes the premium brand and product that they provide. It’s not about selling to the masses. Its about capturing a disproportionate share of profit due to exclusive, high-end cameras and associated equipment which delights a descriminating, often well-heeled customer. No different than scores of other brands such as Porsche, Bentley, Rolex, Patek, ...

I for one am looking forward to the Q2 and all the great improvements over the extremely successful Q. I’m predicting $5500 USD price at intro. 

• Like 3

I'll still stick with Q. It does everythign I want and the file sizes are very decent at 28, 35 and 50. As for being weather sealed that doesnt bother me much since I havent heard any major complaints about the Q in that area. 

It will be interesting to see though, how the Brexit developments will affect the price of the Q.

I have an invitation in the Leica Store Zuerich for 7 March. Probably they will have some Q2 available for test that day.

I am not sure I will be able to visit. But they will be available very soon I suppose. From the photos seen here so far, does look "cleaner" but not simpler: no video button (?) but an extra button in the thumbwheel. Curious.

On 2/27/2019 at 2:56 PM, LexS said:

an extra button in the thumbwheel. Curious.

Q2 has the same user interface as CL except : aperture ring is around the lens, so there is no need for a software base left wheel with inner button to change mode.

The left wheel stays permanently as a shutter dial.

Right wheel will act as the CL : exposure compensation with different functions available through a short press at its inner button. Long press will call a favourite menu to change function. 

Video accessible through a swipe on the screen. Really not practical at all. Bad decision. Video button is best. 

I got a great price for the Q-P.

UK dealers are already offering a 10% discount to £3690. I got another 10% of that which may have been a mistake by the shop assistant :-). Couldn't resist at that price!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tobers said:

I got a great price for the Q-P.

UK dealers are already offering a 10% discount to £3690. I got another 10% of that which may have been a mistake by the shop assistant :-). Couldn't resist at that price!

Dang. Wish I’d tried that.

9 minutes ago, focusbyhand said:

USA price is $4,995. Just confirmed. Mfr no. 19050

I’m personally shocked that the Q2 price is going to start only $750 over the starting price of the original Q. Especially with all they added...premium 47mp sensor, weather sealing, SL battery, etc. 

Told you folks that your would be happy with the pricing. 😃

• Like 1

Am 27.2.2019 um 14:56 schrieb LexS:

I have an invitation in the Leica Store Zuerich for 7 March. Probably they will have some Q2 available for test that day.

I am not sure I will be able to visit. But they will be available very soon I suppose. From the photos seen here so far, does look "cleaner" but not simpler: no video button (?) but an extra button in the thumbwheel. Curious.

Do you mean the little shop in the old town? Most amazing service in that shop. Really most peculiar. 

2 hours ago, focusbyhand said:

USA price is $4,995. Just confirmed. Mfr no. 19050

I’m personally shocked that the Q2 price is going to start only $750 over the starting price of the original Q. Especially with all they added...premium 47mp sensor, weather sealing, SL battery, etc. 

Why? The M9 was the same list price as the M8, despite full frame, no IR problem, higher MP, etc. 

9 hours ago, Alex U. said:

Do you mean the little shop in the old town? Most amazing service in that shop. Really most peculiar. 

Yes that shop (Kuttelgasse 4).

I have guests here, so I can not go. But I will look tomorrow at the website...