Leica Q, CL and M10 image quality comparison

ADrake0506

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Presently I own the Leica M262, Q and CL.  I've been wondering if I should pull the trigger and get an M10.  But I'm not sure if there will be a significant difference with image quality, when comparing it against the Q and/or CL.   I absolutely love the Q and haven't put much time into the CL - other than the lack of battery life I like.  When I look at photos from others, I have to remember they are posting their very best images and most include some post work.  

I'm not a professional and I am new to the Leica family.

Just hopeful to get a variety of feedback from those who might have different levels of experience and knowledge.

Thank you

More than image quality I would think about my needs and what those cameras can sum together. In terms of image quality there is no too much difference. I have M10 and Q and colors can be a little bit different but once the images are post processed I can't find any difference. I think you don't need a M10 in your equation👍🏻

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think a digital M should be used quite extensively before considering an upgrade, particularly if it's your first digital M. And if you find out that you use your other cameras more than the M, you should probably not put your money on upgrading the M. Unless, of course, there is some very specific feature in the new model that would make you use it more, like enabling you to take pictures in situations for which the old one wasn't suitable. But if the M is your primary or only camera and you use it extensively, you would probably have a better reason for doing incremental upgrades. 

• Like 2

Wait for the M11?

I'm loving my M10, but it's my first Leica. Leica glass is amazing, but my Fuji X is an excellent system too.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

An interesting point is that there is a rumor of a Q2 with a 47MP sensor (https://leicarumors.com/2019/02/15/first-leica-q2-camera-teaser-official-announcement-expected-on-or-around-march-6th.aspx/).

I would hold off for a while and see what happens. As an aside, if the Q2 does get a 47mp sensor then I would expect a new sensor in the M and SL. It would be a hard sell for the flagship M to have a lower spec sensor than a lower tier model.

Interesting times!

• Thanks 1