Retirement ...

Louis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Louis
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Great photo, Louis, and I love how you let the shadows stay as dark as they are (especially under the woman--I would have wrongly tried to bring some light there).  But I'm not sure they're retired. If he were retired, he'd be reading a Leica manual.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bags27 said:

Great photo, Louis, and I love how you let the shadows stay as dark as they are (especially under the woman--I would have wrongly tried to bring some light there).  But I'm not sure they're retired. If he were retired, he'd be reading a Leica manual.

Surprisingly, for over a year that I have been wandering in different places in Florida, I have seen only one other Leica. ! Except in Miami Leica Store, of course, where people are great!

2 hours ago, Louis said:

Surprisingly, for over a year that I have been wandering in different places in Florida, I have seen only one other Leica. ! Except in Miami Leica Store, of course, where people are great!

So...you and Rob (robo54) own all the Leicas in Florida? 😀

Seriously, I know what you mean. Last summer I was on vacation in Scandinavia (a pretty affluent part of the world) and spotted only one other Leica (a guy hauling [and complaining about] his SL 24-90), compared to hundreds of Nikon consumer cameras, somewhat fewer Canons, and (surprisingly) even somewhat fewer Sonys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bags27 said:

So...you and Rob (robo54) own all the Leicas in Florida? 😀

Seriously, I know what you mean. Last summer I was on vacation in Scandinavia (a pretty affluent part of the world) and spotted only one other Leica (a guy hauling [and complaining about] his SL 24-90), compared to hundreds of Nikon consumer cameras, somewhat fewer Canons, and (surprisingly) even somewhat fewer Sonys.

It is amazing the number of Nikons and Canons we can see everywhere! I have been a Nikon fan myself during my film era; the reason why I still use my Nikkor lenses with Leica. But now with digital, each brand has so many different model cameras!

Last year, I was shooting people in the street during a music festival in Miami. There was a naked girl.  A flow of aggressive photographers with huge cameras and lenses were fighting against each other to get closer. There was a big guy who was pushing everyone aside. As soon as he saw my Leica T, he made room for me and said: after you “boss”! ...

i found that so funny! lol

The power of Leica! 😉👍

BTW, I am not sure if you were aware that l_objectif in DPR is Yours Truely. I am not there very often any more, but post from time to time.

Edited by Louis
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

25 minutes ago, Louis said:

It is amazing the number of Nikons and Canons we can see everywhere! I have been a Nikon fan myself during my film era; the reason why I still use my Nikkor lenses with Leica. But now with digital, each brand has so many different model cameras!

Last year, I was shooting people in the street during a music festival in Miami. There was a naked girl.  A flow of aggressive photographers with huge cameras and lenses were fighting against each other to get closer. There was a big guy who was pushing everyone aside. As soon as he saw my Leica T, he made room for me and said: after you “boss”! ...

i found that so funny! lol

The power of Leica! 😉👍

BTW, I am not sure if you were aware that l_objectif in DPR is Yours Truely. I am not there very often any more, but post from time to time.

Well, with your photographic eye, we should call you "boss" here as well! 

Yes, I figured the "l" was for Louis. I am new to web-based photography, so I was interested in your remarks about how different DPR was 10-15 years ago. The nature of on-line discussion groups, I guess....

7 hours ago, bags27 said:

Well, with your photographic eye, we should call you "boss" here as well! 

Yes, I figured the "l" was for Louis. I am new to web-based photography, so I was interested in your remarks about how different DPR was 10-15 years ago. The nature of on-line discussion groups, I guess....

To have an idea about the good old Leica forum in DPR, if you wish and have time, you can take a look at the challenges we used to have. Then, it was all about photography; not much of gear discussions. We had real talented people from whom we could learn a lot!! For instance, Jono who is writing reviews for Leica was one of our forum members! The link below will take you to that page. If you click on every "challenge", you can go through of that date's post:

http://www.pbase.com/leica_forum/galleries_home

Edited by Louis

10 minutes ago, Louis said:

To have an idea about the good old Leica forum in DPR, if you wish and have time, you can take a look at the challenges we used to have. Then, it was all about photography; not much of gear discussions. We had real talented people from whom we could learn a lot!! For instance, Jono who is writing reviews for Leica was one of our forum members! The link below will take you to that page. If you click on every "challenge", you can go through of that date's post:

http://www.pbase.com/leica_forum/galleries_home

Thank you, Louis. They are remarkable, and I look forward to going through them.

I just joined LFI and had two of my photos selected as "master shots." That is not the same thing as your old environment, but it is another place to gain some appreciation of the art.

1 hour ago, bags27 said:

Thank you, Louis. They are remarkable, and I look forward to going through them.

I just joined LFI and had two of my photos selected as "master shots." That is not the same thing as your old environment, but it is another place to gain some appreciation of the art.

Congratulations! This is fantastic. I was lucky to have about half a dozen of my shots chosen in 2018 by LFI for master and other galleries. It is always very encouraging and I am sure you are and should be thrilled. The LFI magazine is printing one  of my shots in their February edition. They asked me for the original size which I do not have. So, we will see is they will finally do it. To save storage, I am used to save them only in 9/12 inch!

1 hour ago, Louis said:

Congratulations! This is fantastic. I was lucky to have about half a dozen of my shots chosen in 2018 by LFI for master and other galleries. It is always very encouraging and I am sure you are and should be thrilled. The LFI magazine is printing one  of my shots in their February edition. They asked me for the original size which I do not have. So, we will see is they will finally do it. To save storage, I am used to save them only in 9/12 inch!

That's wonderful, and so deserving. I hope they do publish it.

It is a lesson to us, perhaps, to save more of our (very large) files...somehow.

• Like 1