EXIF Data | Leica CL

wsself

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been happily using my new Leica CL for a few months now.

One little quirk I've noticed is that when I post my work online (500px is one such site I use) my EXIF data does not attach with my image. I have to fill this in manually where in the past with my Sony / Canon cameras this data is populated automatically. 

The shots I upload are sRGB JPEGs, coming straight from Lightroom. As far as I can tell, I do not see any further settings that determine whether or not the EXIF data will attach to my images - either in camera or in Lightroom.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

When I post my CL pictures to flickr after exporting them from Lightroom, all EXIFS are shown by flickr. You can check that by following the link in my signature. In Lightroom‘s export options you can check wether EXIFS are stripped form the jpg.

Cheers, Thomas

Edited by WeiterWinkel
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wsself said:

The shots I upload are sRGB JPEGs, coming straight from Lightroom. As far as I can tell, I do not see any further settings that determine whether or not the EXIF data will attach to my images - either in camera or in Lightroom.

How are you outputting the JPEGs from Lightroom? If you're using the Export panel, be sure to set the appropriate level of metadata in the Export metadata panel. If you're exporting JPEGs from the Print or Slide Show modules, EXIF metadata is stripped from the outputted JPEG files.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the feedback gentlemen!

You are all correct in that this is a Lightroom issue. On export, I've made a discovery after doing much poking around. I navigated through the top menu to 'Photo/Save Metadata to File'. It was in here where I was able to tell Lightroom to attach the EXIF data to the file, and subsequent exports generated from the file. 

Funny though, I've never had to take such additional steps in the past and I've been using Lightroom for a very long time. 

Thanks again!!!