Camera bag lens and flash

For anyone considering a bag purchase, check out this producer in Taiwan.

https://www.wotancraft.tw/product/trooper-m-ash-green

I've been using the bag for a month and it hangs well with either cross chest or shoulder carry, and even works superbly on a bicycle (there's an accessory strap for stabilization available). I have the CL and 3 lenses: the 23, 35 and 18-55.  They all fit with plenty of room for my iPad, a journal, has a capacious concealed front pocket and two concealed side pockets on the outside.  Another feature I like is the additional strapping on the top of the bag--a lightweight tripod fits in there easily. If you're looking for a bag that doesn't necessarily look like a camera bag, check it out.

On the same topic....I find the most laborious element of changing lenses whilst using one camera body lies in the exchanging of rear lens caps. I recently bought some velcro tape and affixed the rear lens caps for two lenses to the bottom of the camera bag in an exact position so the red dot on the lens always faces exactly to the front of the bag. This makes swapping lenses much quicker. That said, I look forward to being able to swap out the lenses I carry depending on the kind of shoot I'm attempting, but don't have extra TL caps for the lenses not in my bag. These are mostly my old Nikkor lenses with adapters on them. Anyone know of a 3rd party manufacturer of TL sized rear lens caps?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.wotancraft.tw/product/trooper-m-ash-green

I've been using the bag for a month and it hangs well with either cross chest or shoulder carry, and even works superbly on a bicycle (there's an accessory strap for stabilization available). I have the CL and 3 lenses: the 23, 35 and 18-55.  They all fit with plenty of room for my iPad, a journal, has a capacious concealed front pocket and two concealed side pockets on the outside.  Another feature I like is the additional strapping on the top of the bag--a lightweight tripod fits in there easily. If you're looking for a bag that doesn't necessarily look like a camera bag, check it out.

Far too large for my taste.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

https://www.wotancraft.tw

I've acquired their (much smaller) Easy Rider and Mini Rider sling bags, and had customized straps made to fit me best. Excellent quality bags, nice designs, and compact/trim. The Mini Rider is big enough to carry the M-D or CL plus up to three lenses when expanded, and some accessories/other stuff. The Easy Rider expands enough to carry my Hasselblad.

On the same topic....I find the most laborious element of changing lenses whilst using one camera body lies in the exchanging of rear lens caps. ...

I solve this particular problem by using a pair of back caps glued together, or a double rear cap. Pull lens out of bag, take lens off camera, fit in empty side, take other lens off the other side, fit on camera, put unused lens bag in bag. Only two things to juggle in my hands and easy to align and fit without dinging the rear lens element. Edited by ramarren

I'm a peak design sling user, a world away from the type of bags you're discussing here so I won't suggest it. ...

Not sure why you don't want to suggest it.

I have been using a Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L quite a lot for the past six-eight months. It's a little too tight for my M-D but fits the CL and two lenses very nicely. It sits comfortably on my back when I'm walking, and provides good access and easy organization. I have the 10L size too, but find it a bit larger than I use.

Both are very good bags, however, and address various carry situations and equipment needs well. The Wotancraft equivalent bag (mini rider) is a little roomier for the slightly bulkier shape of the Leica M cameras/lenses, I find the 5L works beautifully for my Light L16 and Polaroid SX-70 type cameras, the CL and two lenses, as well as my Rylo 360 camera.

wow, i am back to the drawing board, amazon client misrespresented the desription and did not send me the hadley small pro but rather the hadley pro, the small pro replaces i think the hadley small. sooooo i would rather have the small pro, but the hadley pro fits my macbook pro.  i have never gone thru so much gyration.

Not sure why you don't want to suggest it.

I have been using a Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L quite a lot for the past six-eight months. It's a little too tight for my M-D but fits the CL and two lenses very nicely. It sits comfortably on my back when I'm walking, and provides good access and easy organization. I have the 10L size too, but find it a bit larger than I use.

Both are very good bags, however, and address various carry situations and equipment needs well. The Wotancraft equivalent bag (mini rider) is a little roomier for the slightly bulkier shape of the Leica M cameras/lenses, I find the 5L works beautifully for my Light L16 and Polaroid SX-70 type cameras, the CL and two lenses, as well as my Rylo 360 camera.

I have both too, also tending to use the 5L more. Very happy but I've not suggested them here as the discussion is primarily around a classic Billingham, Chapman "not obviously a camera bag" type in traditional materials rather than the quite different peak design/ manfrotto styles. Each have there place - I really like the Chapman but I can't justify it. Mrs. Danielfrimley would spit feathers if I ended up with any more high quality, expensive camera bags!

I have now returned the Hadley one as it is just too big. I am awaiting the Hadley Small Pro and still have the Hadley Pro to compare. Worst day today was going into the Leica Store to pick up the SF40 Flash and saw the Oberwerth Freiburg. OMG, What a great little bag, decisions decisions :)

After going back and forth on which travel and camera bag to use for the trip I'm on, I finally went with the Black Label Bag "Oskar's One Day Bag Mark II" that I've used on so many other trips. It's larger than needed for just a day carry, but not overly so, and carries camera, two lenses, iPad Pro 9.7", and a passel of accessories, batteries, and travel needs without any issue. It's a very comfortable bag too: easy to live with and reconfigure for different uses.

I bought this one in 2011-2012 and it has survived through at least twenty cross USA and international trips so far while still looking like new. That's a thumbs up! :D

• 3 weeks later...

My standard bag:

Under the flap is the Summilux 24 M

bag.jpg

bag1.jpg

SD cards, card reader, cleaning cloth and sensor stick in the rear pocket.

The Leica Minizoom case takes the SF 40.

The silver stick thing is a Minox table tripod.

Have the same silver stick thing. Very cool design.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 5:07 PM, photogray said:

On the same topic....I find the most laborious element of changing lenses whilst using one camera body lies in the exchanging of rear lens caps. I recently bought some velcro tape and affixed the rear lens caps for two lenses to the bottom of the camera bag in an exact position so the red dot on the lens always faces exactly to the front of the bag.

I find lens caps laborious, too.  That's why I don't bother with them, front or rear.  What could be easier than removing a lens from the camera, putting it in the bag (in my case, hood & filter attached and placed front end down) and attaching another lens? 

Please don't try to tell me I'm risking damaging the rear element by not using a lens cap.  After 45+ years of working this way without a problem, that is not going to happen.   ;) 

You're at more risk of scratching your precious jewelry on the metal zips of those hideous Wotancraft bags.

Edited by Ouroboros