Camera bag lens and flash

1. Billingham for Leica ( available through Leica Stores only)

2 SF40. The SF60 is too large and overkill for casual use.

3. Depending entirely on your use. Both other zooms are excellent (as well), or add a prime for lens speed. There is a galaxy of lenses out there if you add the L-M adapter.

I assume you mean the M combination bag. That is indeed a good choice. It will take the CL with handgrip and 18-56, 55-135 and 11-23. The SF40 flash (unfolded) will fit into the front compartment, together with batteries, charger etc. All snugly but perfectly.

I left my smaller sling bags home, in the end, when I was packing for this extended trip because even though all my CL equipment fits snugly into either of those smaller bags, the Black Label Bag "Oskar's One Day Bag Mark II" is simply far more useful a shoulder carry when I'm traipsing about on travel, with many more options for organization and the ability to stuff my jacket and hat into it on a sunny day as well as grab and stuff cameras, lenses, batteries, et al easily. And deal with transit tickets, passes, schedules, etc etc as well.

I use the smaller bags more at home and when schlepping about casually on car and motorcycle trips, but on travel I have more need for space and ease of use. ,.

My solution for this is to use a larger bag for transport. I have a Hadley Presstop with backpack harness for that. I will carry an empty Billingham for Leica or an  Lowepro   bumbag I have, in the normal luggage for use on the spot.

My solution for this is to use a larger bag for transport. I have a Hadley Presstop with backpack harness for that. I will carry an empty Billingham for Leica or an  Lowepro   bumbag I have, in the normal luggage for use on the spot.

I already carry two bags, don't want to carry a third. :)

i have purchased both and returning one :) I find the Hadley small a slightly larger bag than the billingham combo bag.  I wanted to love the leica M but it does not hold the CL with the 18-56 as well. thoughts ?

Mine does...

My standard bag:

Under the flap is the Summilux 24 M

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

SD cards, card reader, cleaning cloth and sensor stick in the rear pocket.

The Leica Minizoom case takes the SF 40.

The silver stick thing is a Minox table tripod.