Lyon One Challenge : 13/10/18

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Great weekend and we would like to add our thanks to anyone who was involved in organising it.

Had a good run back, 611.8 miles from Lyon and we reached home by 9:30pm. I think I may have had my photograph taken on the A26 and have a feeling it wasn't for the artistic merit 😉

Cheers All.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We stayed last year at the Hotel Amadeus in the heart of the old city of Seville. Very pleasant boutique type hotel. It has no restaurant (they do serve breakfast) but there are masses of good restaurants within easy walking distance. There is no car parking or in fact even taxi access to the front door of hotel, as its entrance is on a very narrow street (about one donkey wide) and the taxi will drop you at the end of this "calle estrecha".  The hotel's entrance is about 50 to 75 metres from where the taxi drops you. The upside of this is that the hotel is considerably quieter than one on a road, so you don't get enraged wasp motor scooters howling past at 3AM. http://www.hotelamadeussevilla.com/en/ 

Wilson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hurry up, we're running late!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, Sandokan said:

This is an explanation of why the Spanish get up late and eat very late - they are simply following circadian rhythms and I suggest we do that as well next year. Anyway, it will be hard to find a restaurant that opens before 9pm, so set you expectations now, that it will all me much later next year; a later lunch and a later dinner and a later start to each day.  

...I've never required any encouragement to get up late and eat a late lunch or dinner..... 😋

• Thanks 1

I was good to see all at lunch.

There were two events happening in Dijon last week-end and all the usual hotels I stay at were full, so I had to seek elsewhere. With all my collection of Leicas in the car, I prefer locations either with secure parking or very quiet and rural. What we thought was a small hotel in a tiny village about 20km north of Dijon, was actually a "Chambres d'Hôtes" (B&B). It was run by perfectly pleasant people who made us a very good dinner (we had pre-booked this) but my bedroom had no en-suite and you had to go down an unlit metal fire escape staircase to get to the shower-room/toilet. 

Wilson

8 minutes ago, stunsworth said:

Wilson, it sounds like Dijon didn’t cut the mustard. 

Groan!

To cap it all, the bottle of premier cru Mersault we had ordered and the guest house proprietors had bought for us to drink with dinner, was off. They did give us each a small jar of mustard to take home. My wife will like it. I prefer Coleman's English mustard from powder or even better: Butler's Grove Gunpowder Mustard - reaches the parts other mustards don't. 

Wilson

I’m flexible with regard to mustard - though I do like Coleman’s on steamed black pudding. 

Speaking of edible gifts, a couple of years ago I stayed at a small hotel on the Moselle and when I left the owner gave me a small jar of homemade jam. I thanked her and looked forward to trying it. When I eventually opened to jar it was almost completely tasteless, the blandest thing I’d had in years. However, as the cliche goes, it’s the thought that counts (or she had kilos of tasteless jam she needed to get rid of). 

Dear Leica friends,
arrived yesterday evening at Luxembourg airport after a perfect journey but just outside the airport there was a traffic jam that cost me nearly an hour.
Thanks to Veronique & Christoph and to Andy for the orga, it was a perfect weekend.
Never thought that Lyon would leave me with such fantastic impressions, I will go back with the family for sure soon!
John

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by satijntje
added pic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe there were 2 planes?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I’m sort of home now, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s shots come through. 

Will remind everyone of the of the closing date later but please use my normal email address which is

mail @ andybarton dot com

Thanks!

• Thanks 3