Advantages of 50mm f1.4 ASPH

moikle

Guest leica_mage

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you all for your input. I think I will go for the 1.4 ASPH from what I have seen in just the two photos above it separates the subject from the background in a most attractive way. By the way I do have other lenses for my M7 including 21mm f2.8 ASPH, 28mm f2.0 ASPH and a 90mm f2.0 APO. I really wanted to know if the 50mm 1.4 ASPH was superior to the 50mm f2.0 I think I have the result I was hoping for. Again thank you all for your input.

Mike

Excellent, in spite of an earlier "I-have-a-chip-on-my-shoulder-that's-inversely-proportionate-to-the-length-of-my-..." post that nearly sent me reeling to the vomitorium!!!!!

Superb, congrats!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike -

I've used almost every variant of the 50mm since I began with that 3.5 collapsible on a IIIc in 1945. Until recently, a 50mm has been my primary lens, and IMHO, the new 50 ASPH is superior to every one I've owned and used. Projected chromes are, well, both revealing and almost plastic. I still use it when I can, but macular degeneration has forced me to use the 24mm more and more, as the DOF permits zone focusing, and I can be slightly off in deliberate focusing without really screwing up. But, you'll have to pry both lenses from my dead fingers. Go for that 50 ASPH!

George (The Old Fud)