What’s the expected timing of the M10-MP?

james.liam

What is the "MP" supposed to be? Like an M10 version 2?

Seems unlikely that a version 2 will appear 1 year after the original.

The MP is usually the same but with no logo and no "Mx"... possibly a few other cosmetic differences.

IIRC a year seems about the amount of time elapsed between the M9 - M9P, etc.

The MP is usually the same but with no logo and no "Mx"... possibly a few other cosmetic differences.

IIRC a year seems about the amount of time elapsed between the M9 - M9P, etc.

I guess that's why I've had one already offered up to me for nearly $800 below list. Curious.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's usually 2 years after the standard model, isn't it?

I hope the P for Professional model puts the Professional functionality back, i.e. tethering with a USB grip. Come on Leica don't let me down!

What’s really to add on a P? This already sports gorilla glass. Doubt there’s room for second card slot. Maybe an even larger buffer? Or internal storage so one can shoot without a card in a pinch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leica's tradition is to introduce a camera as MX (e.g., M4).

The next retail iteration of the camera comes out as MX-2 (e.g., M4-2). It may have more bells and whistles as you have speculated above.

Finally comes the "professional" version: MX-P (e.g., M4-P). The P version usually is stripped down to just the tools a pro would use or want.

Sometimes they flip the sequence, P before -2.

What’s really to add on a P? This already sports gorilla glass. Doubt there’s room for second card slot. Maybe an even larger buffer? Or internal storage so one can shoot without a card in a pinch?

Bigger buffer and tethering. I would say movie but that's hardly going to happen.

Bigger buffer and tethering. I would say movie but that's hardly going to happen.

Sapphire glass, larger buffer, maybe internal memory is all I can think of. There is already a phone app that can download the images to an iPad or computer and operate the LV and shutter

• 4 months later...