Metz Mecalux 11 slave flash: how to use it with the Leica R7?

Joop van Heijgen

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I own the Metz 32CT-3 flash on my Leica R 7 with the SCA 351 adapter.

In this way I can use the TTL metering of the camera.

Now I want use a second flash by means of the Metz Mecalux 11 slave flash.

Is it now still possible in this case to use the TTL metering of the camera because there could be a synchronisation problem of the two flashes in connection with the 'pre-flashes' of the TTL system?

Or exist this problem only with digital cameras with built in flashes?

Edited by Joop van Heijgen

....In other words is the R7 TTL flashmetering usuable in combination with the Metz Mecalux 11 to support a wireless flash?

Is here a 'pre-flash' problem to get a right synchronisation between the two flashes?

After some reading on internet the conclusion is that NO any TTL flashmetering can be combined with the Mecalux 11 because of the 'pre-flash' of the TTL flash on the camera that causes non synchron working of the two flashes. Only in the manual mode there is no 'pre-flash' and the second flash connected with the Mecalux will work synchron with the flash on the camera.

I don't know if the Metz 45 CT-1 will behave in the same way on the 'automatic' mode....

• 3 weeks later...

After some reading on internet the conclusion is that NO any TTL flashmetering can be combined with the Mecalux 11 because of the 'pre-flash' of the TTL flash on the camera that causes non synchron working of the two flashes. Only in the manual mode there is no 'pre-flash' and the second flash connected with the Mecalux will work synchron with the flash on the camera.

I don't know if the Metz 45 CT-1 will behave in the same way on the 'automatic' mode....

Correction!

After more investigation on internet I must say that the conclusion is that the above statement is only the case for 'Digital Cameras'.

So you can use the Metz Mecalux 11 on the Leica R7 in TTL mode (also on R5 and RE).

The Metz flash 34CS-2 (digital) with 'slave function' is also usuable!