Mesa Arch - Canyonlands NP

John Z. Goriup

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Last week's driving tour of NPs in Utah..............my favorite image of the trip.

SL / 24-90 VE

Thanks for, looking,

JZG

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

Thank you very much, Stuart. 

In fact, I celebrated my 78th birthday in Arches last Friday and have had my 'geriatric Eagle' pass since the day I became eligible for it....................best thing the Federal Government ever did for us.  Took the attached shot of the 'Three Gossips' as we first entered the park  - I think most photos of Arches are more effective in B & W, and prefer to reserve the color work for places like Bryce Canyon.

Arches is as beautiful and impressive as ever, but you wouldn't believe how crowded it has become, which of course makes photography so much more difficult.

JZG

• Like 5

....................and another from Arches, this time in color.

All with SL and 24-90 VE.

After this 10-day trip and hiking many miles with the above camera / lens combo around my neck and the 90-280 in my Billingham bag, and carrying my Gitzo with the RRS BH-55 for many miles in close to 100 degree F temps, I can honestly state that I did so without hardship, nor whining about the bulk & weight of the thing  -  I can honestly declare it the best Leica I've ever owned and used.

It is what it is, and I am absolutely convinced that Leica engineers did not build it large and heavy to annoy their clients, but rather that its physical dimensions are a result of and were necessary to fullfill their interpretation of the ancient German industrial standard of "Das Beste oder nichts".

JZG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...