Problem : does the update of the lenses to SL work ?

peterwinge

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I need some help here, please.

I have updated to firmware 3.0 yesterday, and that seems to work as it should.

BUT : I cannot see if my 24-90 & my 90-280 zooms were updated too: when I mounted them again after the update, and after the camera had been turned off, nothing showed on the screen - the camera instantly went to work as always.

I have checked the lens firmware version  in the "hidden menu" in the menu and it says :  when mounted with 24-90 that the lens firmware version is C.00/24, and with the 90-280 mounted that the version is 13.00/1E.

Could somebody, who have updated to 3.0 please check their version and see if it is the same ?

Thank you in advance

sinecerely

Peter Winge

For me it worked. A few hours after the camera upgrade (that I did with an adapted lens) I added the SL 90-280 - while the camera was off.

Then I turned it on again (with the card still in the slot, I don't know if this is necessary) and the camera showed the message that the lens was being updated. It took longer than the camera update (a few minutes), then came a success message and the camera asked to be restarted.

Well to be precise the camera asked me if I wanted to update the lens. So I needed to confirm. Then it did. (Without confirmation it probably didn't).

What do you mean by hidden menu ?

Edited by steppenw0lf

Upgrade worked for me: upgraded camera to 3.0. Switched off camera. Removed lens but left card with update in slot 1. Switched camera on again without lens. Then attached lens again. Camera detected lens and asked for upgrade of lens FW. Worked like a treat.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My 24/90 updated when I turned the SL on. As far as a "hidden" menu, I cannot find anything like the OP states. I do not have a GPS DISP menu item. I would love to know how to determine what lens software version have.

I have now been in mail contact with Leica, who responded extremely fast and they knew excactly what had happened to my camera and most important :  how to fix it !

Great news.

They told me I could get it fixed in a couple of minuttes at the store here in Copenhagen.

and ? what actually happened to the camera ?

I have now been in mail contact with Leica, who responded extremely fast and they knew excactly what had happened to my camera and most important :  how to fix it !

Great news.

They told me I could get it fixed in a couple of minuttes at the store here in Copenhagen.

I did the camera firmware update without a lens attached.

Once the update finished I turned the camera off and then attached my 24-90.

I turned the camera back on and after about 5 seconds the lens firmware update automatically started.  It took about 3 minutes to complete.

I did the camera FW update with the 24-90 attached. When finished I switched off the camera and when I switched on again the second FW update (the one for the lens I presume) automatically started.

Same here.  I don't recall it specifically saying Lens Update though.  I am drawing the same conclusion as you but it would be nice if somehow you could verify the lens firmware version and confirm it is the latest.  

• Like 1

Great news.

Would you care to share that info with us...?