Dropped My SL

BCMielke

• 2 weeks later...

So I shouldn't complain, because I love my SL and shoot with it almost daily.  My Canon gear is used only occasionally.  BUT BUT, I'll tell you, when I send in a Canon body or lens  for even major repairs, I usually have the gear back in my hands in 2-weeks.  IF a repair part is unavailable, they send me a rental body/lens free of charge.  That's the main reason I've not sold my Canon gear.  In the recent past, I needed to have my 75 2.4 repaired (under warranty) 10 weeks.  I dropped my 35 1.4 summilux and had it repaired out of warranty. Another 10 weeks, $700 plus the cost of a lens rental to cover that focal length for the repair period. Leica sells pro equipment, they don't have pro backend support.  

I'm ditching my peak design after reading this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Peak design system is different than what I was using so I don't know if that is the answer.  The Peak system has 2 points of failure and what I was using at the time only had a single point.  You can also add a harness system to provide you with a third if needed. 

So I shouldn't complain, because I love my SL and shoot with it almost daily.  My Canon gear is used only occasionally.  BUT BUT, I'll tell you, when I send in a Canon body or lens  for even major repairs, I usually have the gear back in my hands in 2-weeks.  IF a repair part is unavailable, they send me a rental body/lens free of charge.  That's the main reason I've not sold my Canon gear.  In the recent past, I needed to have my 75 2.4 repaired (under warranty) 10 weeks.  I dropped my 35 1.4 summilux and had it repaired out of warranty. Another 10 weeks, $700 plus the cost of a lens rental to cover that focal length for the repair period. Leica sells pro equipment, they don't have pro backend support.  

I came from Nikon. The process was very similar.  All in all I planned on how long it would take and had other cameras I could use during the time that it was gone.  This is a hobby for me so it's not critical that I have the camera back in my possession.  If I was a professional that would change my system and possibly my thinking.