Sunset - West Coast of Scotland

ctb

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How about this one, does it work, what could I do, or have done to make it better.

netsunset.jpg

Comments / Criticism's welcomed------------- that's why I posted the image, go on tell me like it is

Chris

Me personally? I would have enhanced the colors - more saturation.

But then it would not be natural, this photo is just how it was, I disagree with altering colour saturation to create something that was not, ok so thats my opinion, and I respect yours, thank you for commenting.

Stuny ... thank you too

Chris

But then it would not be natural, this photo is just how it was, I disagree with altering colour saturation to create something that was not, ok so thats my opinion, and I respect yours, thank you for commenting.

Stuny ... thank you too

Chris

Hi Chris

I also use a D-Lux 2 and for me it's a great sunset photo.

I also respect your desire not to create something that was not. But are you saying that the camera rendition is exactly how you remember it? Would you be willing to twiddle a few sliders to see if that made it more like you remember it, or did you already do that?

Best wishes.

Steve

Excellent - it's as soft as Scotch Mist.

I agree - leave well alone! Especially if that is what you remember the colour to be like. This does not prevent you trying some subtle/gentle tweaking without compromising the end result. You can always undo.

I also agree with elansprint about a small crop at the top.

I think the proportions and comp are fine. Stronger sharpening for this web resolution ought to reintroduce some life/definition/sparkle to the foreground rocks.

Concur your view about keeping it natural; but would look at possibly adding a touch more contrast to show off the lovely pink uplighting on the clouds.

Potentially a strong portrait shot by moving viewpoint right and including the 3 rocks as your foreground and playing this against the most dramatic part of the sky.

You could have improved it by including a lovely naked nymph. Just joking. It's my way of saying it's almost perfect. Well done.

She had just moved out of shot, I appeared to be more appealing than the view.

Thank you all, for your comments, help and assistance, very much appreciated.

Chris

Stand by for some Islay action, later in the weekend! (David, you need some education in the finer Islay whiskies, too, as not all of them are peaty ;) )

Sunsets like this are too late in the day for me this time of year :) Very tranquil this one.

Personally I would have moved a little forward and made the near focal point the rocks jutting out of the sea and loose the beach. Try using a piece of card to mask the beach and/or the top of the sky. Probably a little lower to emphasise the rocks. A little more saturation contrast in the sky would help give the image a bit more "zing".

There's some lovely reflections in the picture that could lift the picture from a slightly different viewpoint.

However, its all about your perception of the view that you experienced at that moment. It is still a lovely image and very characteristic of the West Coast of Scotland. More please!