Leica T2, first image …. Perhaps?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A friend from Solms, Germany,  just sent me some very interesting information and image about the upcoming Leica T2 which would be announced very soon. According to him, the main physical difference with T (1) would be the in-body EVF. The camera will have the same foot-print, but a little higher, still much shorter than T (1) with Visoflex. The strap lugs will be fixed, allowing to use any straps.

I am told, it will have a completely new CCD sensor with 20 ½ MP. (because CCD was so popular in previous Leica M). Hopefully, the WIFI and the App would be completely renewed and redesigned (by Panasonic).

Now, all we have to do is to wait and see!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It's not far off to be fair, i heard the same that t2 will definitely have viewfinder and optimised sensor

However it won't be asymmetric,my friend told differently, Although he didn't share a picture, I reckon it will be like the difference from m6 to m6 ttl, slightly longer but equal on both sides.

Aren't a CCD sensor and a EVF incompatible by definition? Anyway, everything else sounds good to me. Might help towards making the T a viable EVIL system (and making me regret selling my whole set).

And yes, I realise the mock-up is an April's fool.

Edited by BBHewee

Good to hear that there is obviously some movement on the development of the T (even though it is April 1st ;)).

To me, the sensor and external viewfinder on the current T were never an issue. IQ is good and the EVF makes life a little easier when shooting from lower positions.

I would definetly appreciate a faster processor and faster internal electronics. It is heard that the T AF objective lenses perform much faster on the SL (that has a better processor). Therefore, I would assume that a better processor would help the T to perform faster. Although, the AF speed of the T has become better, there is still some room for improvement.

Good to hear that there is obviously some movement on the development of the T (even though it is April 1st ;)).

To me, the sensor and external viewfinder on the current T were never an issue. IQ is good and the EVF makes life a little easier when shooting from lower positions.

I would definetly appreciate a faster processor and faster internal electronics. It is heard that the T AF objective lenses perform much faster on the SL (that has a better processor). Therefore, I would assume that a better processor would help the T to perform faster. Although, the AF speed of the T has become better, there is still some room for improvement.

Thanks Michael I fully agree to your wishes. Would like to add better high ISO at 3200/6400 but with the Maestro II processor (Q and SL) this will be the case.

Although I can't use the WiFi app with my M lenses I wonder why they cannot get it technically work on the T.  A mystery to me!!!!!

Although I can't use the WiFi app with my M lenses I wonder why they cannot get it technically work on the T.  A mystery to me!!!!!

I can't get it work with manual (non-Leica) lenses, either. I get black screen on my IPhone!... I think this is a problem with any manual lens. Can this be because of non electronic connections?!

I am not even sure I would use it often, or at all,  even if it did worked; but as  this is supposed to be one of the functions announced for T; it has to work!