LR CC Thumbnail display at Import

GHPhoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When my M-P240 is connected to LR CC (2015.4 release) and the Import dialog is active, none of the thumbnails represent the images on the camera. I only get the default raw image icon for every image. I had quite an ordeal trying to describe this issue to Adobe only to be told that LR doesn't support the camera. At which point I quickly backed out of the call because I was obviously speaking to a newbie.

Any ideas anyone?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I don't see that here with the same LR version on Mac or PC. I suggest that you may like to check all of your preferences in LR. Its really easy to lose settings with version upgrades. Take a peek here? I hope that helps.

Preferences>General>Catalog>File Handling>Preview Cache

Preferences>File Handling>DNG Creation

Worth noting too that the embedded previews in the original files are very low resolution and different proportions than 2:3 as well. So initially you may see tiny thumbnails with borders until LR creates proper previews.

• Like 1

You are right Exodies, I did not take in that the camera was being connected via USB and the Multifunction Grip is the only way to do that. I actually bought that grip to try tethering then never actually tried it as I got an S2 shortly after and never used the grip that way.

I would guess that having the wrong setting Mass Storage vs PTP would prevent the connection working at all? Happy to be educated on that. I never tried it.
GHPhoto, do you see the same issue if you download your images from a USB card reader?

I don't think it would do any harm to also check your LR settings in any case. 
Good luck and share here how you go?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks Hoppyman and Exodies!. I will try changing to Mass Storage and let you know the result. If the card is in a reader or in the MacBook Pro I get the thumbnails displaying. I hope changing to Mass storage fixes the issue because the tethering capabilities was one of the major reasons I got the multifunction grip.

I can only assume that Mass Storage just tells LR that the tethered device is simple a card reader rather than a camera. There is another known issue with the latest LR where tethered shooting isn't possible with the 240. Maybe the two issues are related. Adobe is aware of the issue and are working on a fix.