Soho NY Street Saleswoman -- CineStill800t with 85B Filter

sblitz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

75mm summicron, color straight out of the camera no color correction.......

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Actually I developed it at 1000, shot it at 800 with a 2/3 exp comp for the filter. Judging from the grain in the scan, which was not present in same roll for shots at Smoke that night, I suspect I underexposed. Will shoot next roll as you suggest above and see what happens. I do really like the look with the filter more so than playing in PP with the WB. As they say, get it right in the camera.

• Like 1

Actually I developed it at 1000, shot it at 800 with a 2/3 exp comp for the filter. Judging from the grain in the scan, which was not present in same roll for shots at Smoke that night, I suspect I underexposed. Will shoot next roll as you suggest above and see what happens. I do really like the look with the filter more so than playing in PP with the WB. As they say, get it right in the camera.

I think you did great with your workflow.  It might seem a little contrasty now, but I think that as you continue to look back on the look of this image you will like it more and more as time passes.  The colors are fabulous and I especially am impressed by the golden glow you've managed to get out of the tungsten film.  I think ratcheting down the exposure and development will probably improve the shadow detail and soften the colors.  But I don't know whether it is worth the cost of the speed.  We shall see. 

I have shot a couple of rolls with the 800T over the past couple of weeks; mostly in the subways, but also outside.  I will share some results in the I Like Film thread.  The color correction filter is a good way to turn the tungsten-friendly attibutes of the film on and off.  I will gve it a try...

Happy holidays and keep in touch

Adam

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think you did great with your workflow.  It might seem a little contrasty now, but I think that as you continue to look back on the look of this image you will like it more and more as time passes.  The colors are fabulous and I especially am impressed by the golden glow you've managed to get out of the tungsten film.  I think ratcheting down the exposure and development will probably improve the shadow detail and soften the colors.  But I don't know whether it is worth the cost of the speed.  We shall see. 

I have shot a couple of rolls with the 800T over the past couple of weeks; mostly in the subways, but also outside.  I will share some results in the I Like Film thread.  The color correction filter is a good way to turn the tungsten-friendly attibutes of the film on and off.  I will gve it a try...

Happy holidays and keep in touch

Adam

yes, maybe a pre-new year trip to the east river! taking a few days off . . . . . 

• Like 1