Composing using my Iphone - Stealth mode

Advertisement (gone after registration)

One interesting way I came across using the Q was contecting via W-Lan and using the iphone to compose my shots. I find this very useful when I don't feel comfortable pointing a camera directly at someone, this way I could hold the camera in one hand and the Iphone in other. It apears that I am just checking my phone allowing me to get shots I normally wouldn't , Yes I a am chicken and i'm no Bruce Gilden  :)

When I saw the little suitcase for the Q, with the camera inside, the idea came straight to my mind that I can put the case on a table, open the flap, remove the lens cap and use my phone to shoot off the Q.

But it seems that the case cannot be stand in its upwards position, it seems the be round at the bottom if I interpret the images of the case well.

Has anybody seen it already?

When I saw the little suitcase for the Q, with the camera inside, the idea came straight to my mind that I can put the case on a table, open the flap, remove the lens cap and use my phone to shoot off the Q.

But it seems that the case cannot be stand in its upwards position, it seems the be round at the bottom if I interpret the images of the case well.

Has anybody seen it already?

If it's the "Day Bag" you mean, not ir won't stand on its own.  I wasn't specifically looking for this but I did see one at the Leica Store and it looked like it had a rounded bottom if I remember right.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If it's the "Day Bag" you mean, not ir won't stand on its own.  I wasn't specifically looking for this but I did see one at the Leica Store and it looked like it had a rounded bottom if I remember right.

Maybe there is a market for a tripod for the bag !!  :p

The bigger issue is that the case won't hold the camera with the hood attached. So you are forced to carry the lame lens ring with you if you want the case. And have to deal with removing and reattaching every time you pull the camera from the case.

Not the brightest minds at work on this...

Edited by digitalfx
  • Like 1

Did you check that?

The bigger issue is that the case won't hold the camera with the hood attached. So you are forced to carry the lame lens ring with you if you want the case. And have to deal with removing and reattaching every time you pull the camera from the case.

Not the brightest minds at work on this...

• 2 years later...