How to trigger the M240 from remote (wireless)?

previlo

Fasten the camera to a multi function grip. Connect the MFG to a laptop with a cable. Use a Remote Desktop app on an iPhone to control the capture program running on the laptop. Problem solved.

I have no idea why it has to be so complicated.

• Like 1

Hi Previlo, I would be really interested in getting a remote release too. I have searched Google and Ebay and found nothing that would work. With all cameras being electronic there is no need for a remote plunger release.

Ayewing's suggestion of a pneumatic plunger is great for short distances where the tube will not tangle in obstacles. Exodies suggestion of the MFG may be a good idea. The laptop would be too cumbersome to use in the field when you are trying to travel light, but surly tripping the shutter with the grip is just completing a circuit, so it should be possible to rig a wifi trigger.

Ok, so it looks like there is really no easy way of doing it (like using a Pocket Wizard (or similar) to connect to the camera (like it could be done with the majority of the cameras out there..)).

Well I expected it to be not easy, but using an MFG and a laptop is to cumbersome, sorry…

Ok, well, as the majority said about the M: It is not meant to be used in studio or in combination with flash, it is the tool for available light, and not the right tool for that kind of work (which is kind of ok, but on the other hand some small improvements of the camera would make a huge difference…i would say).

I'm quite sure there are wireless battery operated electro-mechanical triggers you can buy which screw on to the shutter release thread, but I could be wrong. This would be far easier than using the MFG...?

If the the M240 has a cable release socket, then see this DIY.

Otherwise, there is an overpriced ready-made remote that straps to the body and depresses the shutter via a swinging arm. It is intended for cameras with no release socket.

Edited by pico
  • Like 3