Leica’s Fancy New M-P Camera May Actually Be Worth $8,000

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So a reviewer is ecstatic about a Leica camera and all you do is call it a spoof and at the same time accuse the reviewer of trying to create Leica hate. Great. Awesome guys.

You need to read the whole thread (like my next post) before you get all worked up.

I liked this sentence: quote: " It’s hard to believe, but this camera will please everyone. It will please the people who buy it for its photographic excellence. And it will please the people who don’t buy it because more-versatile cameras cost a helluva lot less." unquote.

• Like 2

I liked this sentence: quote: " It’s hard to believe, but this camera will please everyone. It will please the people who buy it for its photographic excellence. And it will please the people who don’t buy it because more-versatile cameras cost a helluva lot less." unquote.

Or, put in a less optimistic way, this camera will not please anyone. It will be hated by the people that can't afford it, for its photographic excellence. And, it will be hated by the people that buy it because more-versatile cameras cost a helluva lot less. :D

• Like 3

Hmmm, you got out of the wrong side of the bed today ;).

It's a joke that did not come across well on the internet. I sent my A7r back and now currently use many digital M bodies with glee. I even get some images I like from time to time.

Edited by algrove

It's a joke that did not come across well on the internet. I sent my A7r back and now currently use many digital M bodies with glee. I even get some images I like from time to time.

The fact that people always need to attack the Sony A7 to justify the M seems to indicate that the A7 is seen as the main threat

I love using the M240 and the A7s. They are both great cameras#

• Like 2

The fact that people always need to attack the Sony A7 to justify the M seems to indicate that the A7 is seen as the main threat

I love using the M240 and the A7s. They are both great cameras#

I only "attack" the a7r since I could not get shots with M or R lenses that had no vibration problems including the R 15/2.8 so I sent it back and bought a second M240 for a backup to my M240. I find no need to justify buying an M240.

It cannot compete with the M IMHO for my technique. I do like the RX-1 though with its leaf shutter.

• 2 weeks later...
Speaking of dupes.

I, for one, was attempting to add to the validity of the review by sharing my similar experiences with the M-P. You, on the other hand, are merely adding to the noise like the other guy before you. And apparently you were unable to understand that the original review was not a joke.

The signal-to-noise ratio on this forum is trending the wrong way.

Edited by danedit28