using X2 Bright-Line viewfinder with Leica T?

The display can not be switched off manually.

The eye detector is in the Visoflex EVF so if it's not fitted the rear LCD is always on. The brightness can be turned down manually, but it's still on.

• Like 1

The display can not be switched off manually.

That's a real shame. In truth, I'm not that interested in the T but I did fleetingly wonder whether a T with the 23 lens and a 35mm bright-line finder might be an attractive proposition.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

That's a real shame. In truth, I'm not that interested in the T but I did fleetingly wonder whether a T with the 23 lens and a 35mm bright-line finder might be an attractive proposition.

I agree with you. Probably this is caused by all the people who claim EVF is the future. I still feel disconnected and delayed when having to use EVF.

You might want to check out this thread http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-t/332339-x1-replacement.html by Sully in which he writes, in part:

For years I took my reliable X1 on jobs or walk about because it was small. It was my best camera because I always had it with me. However, the T peaked my interest in a small camera that could take other lenses and close up attachments. I went to the Washington, DC Leica store where the salesman, Andy (very well informed and helpful), showed me the T. Most important....The T fit in my coat pocket even though it was a little bigger than the X1. So, I could use this camera for the same purpose as the X1.

I took a few accessories with me to see if they would work with the T...

4. 35mm Leitz bright line finder. I used this all the time on the X1. It works well on the T.

The T 23mm lens gives just a little more picture area than the 35 finder shows, but it is close enough for me. The auto focus seemed accurate for the pictures I shot in the store. The old bright chrome looks good on the silver T. Makes me wish I had ordered a silver instead of a black one. Mmmmh...Time for that second T body.

Ciao, Sully

• Like 1