Software

jbl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'll admit it, initially I said I didn't get the camera, but from reading reviews, I'm beginning to.

That said, one of my concerns is the software. In the M line, the software is basic and mostly reliable. There have been some glaring issues over the years, but they've fixed the most egregious ones (to me), but slowly.

The thing that gets me with the T, though, is that it's almost all software. The touchscreen is a great idea, but they really have to get that right and be willing to invest seriously in bug fixes and tweaks.

That's my major concern, though I'd still say 60/40 I'm buying.

-jbl

A touch screen interface, the gesture controls, driving so much with interactive software. The M has software too, of course, but the software user interface is an order of magnitude more complicated in the T.

XV is pretty robust with no real gremlins to speak of ...... and the T is just an extension of that with the menu items arranged on a touch screen with icons etc ...... the increase in complexity is minimal.

I get the impression that Leica are finally getting up to speed with the software side of digital (it was out-sourced up till the M240) and I suspect the T implementation is fine ..... at least one reviewer has mentioned he had 2 updates whilst using a pre-release camera that dramatically increased AF speed and accuracy .... so their response time and implementation of fixes seems to have greatly improved .......

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I hope I am on the right thread! :)

Just wanted to say I am glad we have more time to edit our post. For my kind of English, it is very helpful. :)

It would be great if with a new luf software, besides having EXIFs, we could also be able to remove (delete) our post (thread) when necessary, without annoying any MOD.

Edited by Louis

I hope I am on the right thread! :)

Just wanted to say I am glad we have more time to edit our post. For my kind of English, it is very helpful. :)

It would be great if with a new luf software, besides having EXIFs, we could also be able to remove (delete) our post (thread) when necessary, without annoying any MOD.

I wish that my English, my only language, is as good as yours is.