Leica M Monochrom with Zeiss Hologon 16mm/8

dierk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

thanks, marc,

how do I explain, how much PP is in there. I use a set of my own LR5 settings and modify them, till it looks right to me :-))

That doesn't take long, maximum 1-2 minutes most of the time, and of course more, if it is complicated by exposure and contrast.

LR is just perfect for my needs and gives me all freedom, I need!

dierk

Any chance of a couple of before and after images - especially of the urban shots?

Any chance of a couple of before and after images - especially of the urban shots?

here is one example

without ND center filter (I forgot it at home)

click for larger images

10747177836_25cb18b0e1_z.jpg

and after processing with LR5 and Nik Silver Efex2

10730889966_d23680c591_z.jpg

dierk

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

These people - Converted Contax G lens for Leica M Packages | japan exposures do the conversion.

I had been thinking of it - but now that I see that Sony does a Contax adapter then could be a better way to go as that allows all of the features of the lens to be used.

Please keep us updated if you go this route.

It would be very interesting

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anybody know if DAG or somebody else still does the conversions? If so at what price? I have the MM and would consider having one converted as I like shooting architecture. Thanks, Jeff.

Yes for DAG; the price (including 6-bit coding) is somewhere between USD425-450, I think.

Also MS Optical/Japan Exposure does the conversion.

Stunning images dierk! Thanks for sharing too. I really need to stop looking at these threads because I get GAS even when I'm broke.

Yes - they're great - but maybe it says more about the photog than the kit.

Could he have achieved just as beautiful images with the CV? - probably.

Could I? .... perhaps - on a lucky day.

Go figure.

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Gobert said:

Any idea how this beauty performs on M10?

I would expect it to perform poorly compared to similarly wide lenses such as Voightlanders. In the film-only days we used the dedicated camera. It was marvelous because nothing quite like it existed. That was then.

22 hours ago, pico said:

I would expect it to perform poorly compared to similarly wide lenses such as Voightlanders. In the film-only days we used the dedicated camera. It was marvelous because nothing quite like it existed. That was then.

I'm not sure I would agree. From all the images Dierk posted it seems to perform well with the monochrom and bit of PP work. I wouldn't expect less performance on an M10. I would agree the 10, 12, or 15mm Voightlanders are less costly alternatives when you get the bug to try ultrawide photography. Dierk, great shots and RAID, thanks for digging this thread up again, I missed it the first time around. Cheers, jc

Edited by jkcampbell2