Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor einer Stunde schrieb Tmx:

same details as above

TMX, both pictures with a very nice tonality.   Thinking, if I should comment on the rotational deficit.... 

vor 29 Minuten schrieb mdachs:

cemetery "Melaten", Cologne

m6 summarit 90

Joachim

Joachim, I agree, Melaten cemetery always is worth a stroll. The desaturated  colors, near b/w are perfect 

2 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

On Saturday I set out to test my 'new' 503CX with its Planar 80mm CF T* in a variety of conditions. Loaded a roll of Fomapan 100 and set off along the Ridgeway from Hackpen Hill. No sooner had I done so when a succession of female long-distance runners came past.

Talk to me about FOMA 100.

Once upon a time there was a definitely "vin ordinaire" B&W film called Kodak Verichrome Pan. It was the snapshot film from about 1910 until the 1970s - ISO (eventually) 125, common, cheap, and very wide latitude (since it had to work in box or folder cameras with very limited exposure controls). Was made in 116, 616, 120, 620, 127, and even Kodak's "Instamatic" formats (126, 110). Not so much 135 format.

As much as I like the "modern engineered films" in many ways, it would be interesting to have available a cheap, dumb, fat-toned medium-speed film in 120 size, just as a change-up. Not the finest grain nor the sharpest details - but throw some light at it and it sticks. ;)

Ilford FP4 does OK in the tone department, but is no cheaper than Delta/TMax/Tri-X. So I'm curious as to how FOMA or its rebadged Arista.edu and (apparently) Lomo Earl Grey cousins behave and feel by comparison. Kentmere of course doesn't come in 120.

Anyone else can chime in....just remember, "cheap table wine" film.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Kl@usW.:

TMX, both pictures with a very nice tonality.   Thinking, if I should comment on the rotational deficit.... 

Thank you Klaus. I don’t think you should. I am pretty aware of that.. 😉

8 hours ago, Suede said:

Lac d'Anterne seen from Pointe de Sales (2497m)   [Agfa Vista 400]

Awesome, Pritam!

6 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

On Saturday I set out to test my 'new' 503CX with its Planar 80mm CF T* in a variety of conditions. Loaded a roll of Fomapan 100 and set off along the Ridgeway from Hackpen Hill. No sooner had I done so when a succession of female long-distance runners came past.  Having finished the Fomapan on various views from the Ridgeway I then took the short drive to Avebury and loaded a roll of Tri-X.  For a test of a slower shutter speed, the interior of the NT's Avebury Manor offered some suitable opportunities.

Could have benefited from a medium yellow (at least) filter but mine were Bay 50 and the new lens is Bay 60.  I have a 67mm medium  yellow so have ordered a Bay 60 to 67mm adaptor.

Both rolls developed in Ilfosol 3 @ 1+9 (a complete departure from my usual Rodinal 1+50!).

Lookin' good, Keith.  Bravo!

3 hours ago, adelie said:

Okay who is next for a shower!

Leica M4-P - 21mm. Super Angulon f/11 on Velvia 50 colour slide film.

Very lovely!  Any close ups with a flash by any chance? 😎

3 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

First I thought, ok , even  Fedora-Man needs a  bite at times. But then: Nathan´s closed, no turkey bacon (750) , no french fries (870)..closed ! But Fedora man has the great gift of reframing the situation: Opportunity for a snap ! Highly satisfactory on an esthetic level. Yellow color evoking the smell of roast and fries... And, not bad : Zero Calories !!  

it´s getting better all the time... seriously, foreground is alway difficult-in this pano you have mastered all the pitfalls. And the yellow foliage on the right reflecting the sunset on the left-nothing left to wish for 

Thanks X 2, Klaus - and very funny! 

7 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

Antonio- I like the two shots-good job.  But I don't see dirt ?  Stamped ?   I had the experience of a really gritty Pan F some time ago-the lab guy told me it was condensation on the emulsion and thus paper specks sticking on the film.... Don't know if it was just an excuse. 

Thanks!

Zooming on the PC the white spots are clearly visible. I've had this problem in the past with old chemicals, but I used fresh ones, so I'm confused. Also I probably did not remove very well the excess water off the film and it might have attracted dirt. I usually put the film reels in a salad tosser, but this last time I didn't do it.

18 hours ago, A miller said:

A recent sunset from the piers.  I was happy to capture some of the Fall foliage on the right 😉

Ektar 6x17 🧡

Very  nice shot. Love the subdued and pleasing colour palette you seem to achieve. Just another day at the office I suppose 🙂

Ramesh

vor 8 Stunden schrieb chrism:

My friend, Mr Squirrel:

As usual, F6, XP2, HC-110, and this film was scanned with a Nikon LS9000ED.

also my friend - thanks so much for showing

10 hours ago, benqui said:

With M4, Tmax 400 and Summilux 35 preasph

Hi Marc, very nice 80's aestetics, of course the beauty is still appropriate in 2019. She certainly deserves more images á la mode de benqui!

Greetings from Berlin, Shlomo

12 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

nefarious;  perfect technique and expo, and a lot of atmosphere. Bravo

Thank you Klaus!  Very kind!!

Awesome Rog. Looks like a vial of blood, just yummy.

On 12/1/2019 at 1:59 AM, Ernest said:

Waiting Redux  M-A Thambar-M CS, APO 50, Fuji Natura, E100
Editing to nothingness.

Wonderful fog, what a lovely photo.

On 12/1/2019 at 6:47 PM, Tmx said:

well fitting for today

500 c/m, 120mm, Tri-x, Xtol

Chris, this is truly a beautiful portrait of Pippa. 

I really hope things will improve quickly for you.

On 12/1/2019 at 10:54 PM, chrism said:

Been a long time (and a difficult year so far). F6, 105/2.8, XP2, HC-110, X1 scan:

Great Adam, what a scene. 

On 12/5/2019 at 12:05 AM, A miller said:

And here is the result, accomplished with one click...

I used my 90mm Super Angulon XL

The effect of the stitch is a shorter pano and a more compressed and detail-lacking view here.  But the file size is about 1.5GB and 29715X6920 pixels 😲

Wow Phil, just wow. 

On 12/5/2019 at 5:42 AM, stray cat said:

Derwent Water 1985

Kodachrome 😢

Oh my......

On 12/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, sixteen pads said:

Moment

f3/50mm/kodak

Wonderful Henry, sublime.

On 12/6/2019 at 12:43 PM, Doc Henry said:

Fresh and cold .... 

Kodak Portra 400-Leica M-A-28 Summicron Asph  

Portra dev home lab in Tetenal and scan Nikon CS 5000 with Nikon Software (not Vuescan or Silver Fast please) in TIFF and Uncorrected

Best  Henry   the can's worms to defending the film , the best