I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

58 minutes ago, Stealth3kpl said:

This is a snap I took really just to practice exposure, there being a wide dynamic range in the scene. I was just interested to see how it turned out rather than thinking about composition, but there's something about it I like! It's a lane that drops past the church. We take it whenever we walk down to the lake or I dash down to the rescue base.

MP, Agfa Vista Plus 200, 50mm Summilux Asph.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Superb backlight and color Pete 

Best H 

• Like 1

A friend of mine insists we have to get a 4x5 camera in 2020, so I was like ok, but in the meanwhile let's go shoot a little bit with a tripod!  So yesterday I tried some long exposure on film for the first time. For sure I need to try again. Also the emulsion came out very very dirty. I am not sure if there was a problem with the emulsion itself or with my fixer, although it was fresh. I'll wash the containers and prepare new chemicals next time.

I also messed up part of the roll because I didn't know how that one particular cable release worked.

Taranto - Mamiya C330, Sekor C 80/2.8, Pan F

• Like 14

One of the last posts made me look through my archives. Found the following two pictures of the old jewish cemetery in Prague:

M4-P - Cron 35 - Portra 160

Edited by Sparkassenkunde
  • Like 19

Same setup

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

ice after the inundation

m4-2  2/90 I/2 Kodachrome

Joachim

• Like 15

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Recent went to the Christmas market in Trier Germany mainly to visit the beautiful "Ländesmuseum". My previous visit to the museum was somewhere in 2005 with my Leica Minilux. Now I took this instant picture with the Leica Sofort (close up setting, handheld, flash off and darken setting). 

Edited by rjans
Minilux added
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

kodak 200

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, chrism said:

Back near the dawn of time, when this thread had a mere 717 pages, I posted a photo of a house I passed one day and thought it worth a frame of the Acros 100 in my M2. This was the photo:

Little did I know that three years later we have bought that house and the lake, and are now renovating as fast as we can to make it a suitable home for Pippa. It's just a couple of miles from her main workplace, which will be a lot easier than driving for over an hour through winter snow. It's a lovely post and beam open plan construction, so I must take a camera and show some of the interior. Currently a great deal of it is ripped apart to make it into what she wants. It's a bit odd to be planning for her in this way but we must be practical.

Wishing you both lots of joy with this beautiful place!

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 7:37 PM, chrism said:

This young Saanen lady was a favourite model, and later a reliable provider of milk, butter, yogurt, and cheese. Her name was Tilly, and this was a Fujichrome100 slide from somewhere in the early 1970's. Probably taken with a Pentax K1000. I might add that there are no species of pet better than a goat. Not only intelligent, they are wily, sneaky and smart in unexpected ways. The fence that will successfully contain a goat has yet to be invented.

I am now waiting for paperwork to be completed to start on ibrutinib, whilst my name has been entered on the bone marrow transplant list so as to search for a donor. As soon as a donor is found, the transplant process starts.

Its in the eyes! And lots of strenght and success with your bmt! 
Rgds C

• Like 1

another one from the Christmas Market with the Rolleiflex 3.5F and Kodak Portra 160:

Christmas Market Zürich by Dirk R., auf Flickr

• Like 17

R7, 35mm, Agfa APX new, FX-39 II

• Like 4

same details as above

• Like 11

cemetery "Melaten", Cologne

m6 summarit 90

Joachim

• Like 12

Am 7.12.2019 um 14:08 schrieb sixteen pads:

Little Pen F always a surprise. 

Oly PenF / 40mm 1.4 / KodakCP200

Night Crawler. 

I like this crosswise ( near ) symmetry of warm and cold colors-separated by the black lamppost-or is it the space between the frames ? and this is actually a composition ?  ( Help: is there a word for  the space between the frames) ?? In german its "Filmsteg".... 

Am 7.12.2019 um 21:50 schrieb nefarious:

Change of scene for me and a couple of shots from the local historic cemetery. On Ilford Delta 3200 with my Mamiya C220 and f/2.8

nefarious;  perfect technique and expo, and a lot of atmosphere. Bravo

vor 19 Stunden schrieb A miller:

This is Portra 400 but it inspired me to try out some Color Plus which I am planning to do....

M-A, 28mm elmarit pre-asph

First I thought, ok , even  Fedora-Man needs a  bite at times. But then: Nathan´s closed, no turkey bacon (750) , no french fries (870)..closed ! But Fedora man has the great gift of reframing the situation: Opportunity for a snap ! Highly satisfactory on an esthetic level. Yellow color evoking the smell of roast and fries... And, not bad : Zero Calories !!  

vor 7 Stunden schrieb A miller:

A recent sunset from the piers.  I was happy to capture some of the Fall foliage on the right 😉

Ektar 6x17 🧡

it´s getting better all the time... seriously, foreground is alway difficult-in this pano you have mastered all the pitfalls. And the yellow foliage on the right reflecting the sunset on the left-nothing left to wish for 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb AntonioF:

A friend of mine insists we have to get a 4x5 camera in 2020, so I was like ok, but in the meanwhile let's go shoot a little bit with a tripod!  So yesterday I tried some long exposure on film for the first time. For sure I need to try again. Also the emulsion came out very very dirty. I am not sure if there was a problem with the emulsion itself or with my fixer, although it was fresh. I'll wash the containers and prepare new chemicals next time.

I also messed up part of the roll because I didn't know how that one particular cable release worked.

Taranto - Mamiya C330, Sekor C 80/2.8, Pan F

Antonio- I like the two shots-good job.  But I don't see dirt ?  Stamped ?   I had the experience of a really gritty Pan F some time ago-the lab guy told me it was condensation on the emulsion and thus paper specks sticking on the film.... Don't know if it was just an excuse. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb rjans:

Recent went to the Christmas market in Trier Germany mainly to visit the beautiful "Ländesmuseum". My previous visit to the museum was somewhere in 2005 with my Leica Minilux. Now I took this instant picture with the Leica Sofort (close up setting, handheld, flash off and darken setting). 

Rjans, your picture of the bust of the roman boy definitely is beautiful.  Were you not tempted to juxtapose a picture of the Karl Marx bust, which the Chinese  donated on K´s birthday ? 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Keith (M):

On Saturday I set out to test my 'new' 503CX with its Planar 80mm CF T* in a variety of conditions. Loaded a roll of Fomapan 100 and set off along the Ridgeway from Hackpen Hill. No sooner had I done so when a succession of female long-distance runners came past.  Having finished the Fomapan on various views from the Ridgeway I then took the short drive to Avebury and loaded a roll of Tri-X.  For a test of a slower shutter speed, the interior of the NT's Avebury Manor offered some suitable opportunities.

Could have benefited from a medium yellow (at least) filter but mine were Bay 50 and the new lens is Bay 60.  I have a 67mm medium  yellow so have ordered a Bay 60 to 67mm adaptor.

Both rolls developed in Ilfosol 3 @ 1+9 (a complete departure from my usual Rodinal 1+50!).

Keith, the 503 seem to work perfect, and your new dev regime renders beautiful tones.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4